Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues and request
Hi poeple at Harisson,
I want to report somes issues that i encounter in Mixbus32C 7.2. I'm on Win 10:
The favorites presets are not displayed anymore in the favorite list under the favorite plugin list. I remember it was working in a previous version of Mixbus32C (I think it was V7 in Win 7).
If I load Tan plugin from Acustica at some point Mixbus32C will crash (I think because of denormal). I've tried the different settings including denormal but no change.
It would be nice as a request to have the option to load plugins with a default preset. This will save time a lot since i can't copy one plugin to multiple tracks in one click: if i recall a mixer template with metaplugin that had some plugins loaded, metaplugin is recalled initialised and have no plugin loaded. It will be nice also to make the graphics more fluide when scrolling left or right on the mixer.
I hope that this is not hard to do.
Thanks in advance
(07-16-2022, 10:00 AM)newcomerm Wrote: Hi poeple at Harisson,
I want to report somes issues that i encounter in Mixbus32C 7.2. I'm on Win 10:
The favorites presets are not displayed anymore in the favorite list under the favorite plugin list. I remember it was working in a previous version of Mixbus32C (I think it was V7 in Win 7).
If I load Tan plugin from Acustica at some point Mixbus32C will crash (I think because of denormal). I've tried the different settings including denormal but no change.
It would be nice as a request to have the option to load plugins with a default preset. This will save time a lot since i can't copy one plugin to multiple tracks in one click: if i recall a mixer template with metaplugin that had some plugins loaded, metaplugin is recalled initialised and have no plugin loaded. It will be nice also to make the graphics more fluide when scrolling left or right on the mixer.
I hope that this is not hard to do.
Thanks in advance

Hi welcome to the Mixbus forum.
Your favs list may not have survived on OS upgrade so you will have to rebuild that.
To have a user default setting, setup your plugin on one channel drag your plugin onto the favs list and name it basic or whatever.
To assign that plugin to multiple tracks, click to select all the tracks you want, find the preset/plugin you want in favs and double click. Easy.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks for welcoming me Dingo.
(07-16-2022, 03:36 PM)Dingo Wrote: Your favs list may not have survived on OS upgrade so you will have to rebuild that.
Yes I noticed that when i install (and copy all the settings) Mixbus32C in a second pc with the same specs as my first one even before OS upgrade. I rebuild them after.
(07-16-2022, 03:36 PM)Dingo Wrote: To have a user default setting, setup your plugin on one channel drag your plugin onto the favs list and name it basic or whatever.
To assign that plugin to multiple tracks, click to select all the tracks you want, find the preset/plugin you want in favs and double click. Easy.
Yes i was doing that before, but that's the issue, now when i drag and drop the plugin to the fav list to save the preset, after the prompt for the preset name the preset don't shows up on the list although the preset is saved on the plugin preset section. So i can't double click to load the preset on multiple tracks.
OK, yes my mistake there was an issue in v7 with Fav presets, this is fixed in v8.
You can still double click to assign to all selected but it will be factory flat.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo,
I've just checked in a Win 7 pc with v7.2 and i don't have this issue. It seems to be an issue on Win 10 but i will install v8 and hope that all will be fine.
(07-16-2022, 06:02 PM)Dingo Wrote: You can still double click to assign to all selected but it will be factory flat.
I didn't see this...I always wonder why devs made an upgraded version of their software with steps downs...In that case no need to install v8 since i'm not really interested in its features. I hope that Harisson will fix theses issues and implement the request to make Mixbus much more enjoyable to use next time. It will be convenient to click and drag to hide/unhide tracks with one click in the track list instead of clicking for each one.
On windows hidden folder user/user/ appdata/local /MB  have presets, and other folders See picture). I simply copy it from a working version to a safe place and if new version comes or reinstalling I simply copy these back to the new MB folder.
It saves me days and my nerves, not to reset all my personal plugin settings for all instruments and pluginsSmile
I do not know why it is not in the manual as "notes" or "suggestions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I do that always when upgrading when needed but let's not forget that some poeple and i'm one of them don't have the time and nerves to upgrade, go through some hussles then downgrade. I never upgrade unless really it's necessary.