Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird GUI issue on Mixbus v7 after trying to scale
How's it going lovely people? I just bought Mixbus v7 yesterday and I have to say, I absolutely love the sound and workflow. I've only experienced two problems so far, one of which is that I have weird glyphs (boxes instead of values on my GUI) after trying to mess around with the scaling settings. I tried resetting the scaling options to default and even did a fresh install of Mixbus, but none of these fixes worked.

I have attached a screenshot below with the problem areas circled in red. Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,
HERMIAN

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's almost as if some hidden time lanes are getting displayed. What happens if you right-click in the top left-hand corner (just to the left of where it says Tempo)?

That should bring up a timeline list. Does it affect that weird anomaly if you try enabling and disabling the various time lanes?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Can be some keyboard issue, what OS? what Language the OS? What language the keyboard

Mixbus likes all US stuff
I had some problems when used Hungarian OS and Hungarian keyboard
Not all the letters and characters have good conversion among languages and since the programs are full of characters if some does not fit it may cause a lot random issues
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I use Windows 11, US English on everything.
(07-14-2022, 12:27 AM)johne53 Wrote: It's almost as if some hidden time lanes are getting displayed. What happens if you right-click in the top left-hand corner (just to the left of where it says Tempo)?

That should bring up a timeline list. Does it affect that weird anomaly if you try enabling and disabling the various time lanes?

Enabling and disabling the time lanes does nothing, unfortunately. This only started happening after I tried to mess with the scaling settings and Mixbus crashed.
(07-14-2022, 02:19 AM)hermianofficial Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 12:27 AM)johne53 Wrote: It's almost as if some hidden time lanes are getting displayed. What happens if you right-click in the top left-hand corner (just to the left of where it says Tempo)?

Enabling and disabling the time lanes does nothing, unfortunately. This only started happening after I tried to mess with the scaling settings and Mixbus crashed.
As you had a crash whilst configuring preferences, you might want to trash your prefs and start again.
Locate the Mixbus preferences folder found in your  ~ Home directory (Windows: ~/AppData/Local/Mixbus7) trash the folder and relaunch Mixbus, that will guide you through the install procedure again. Note any colour, key map or other user prefs you have set will go.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ser-topics
If that is too daunting, email support:  mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-14-2022, 02:31 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 02:19 AM)hermianofficial Wrote:

As you had a crash whilst configuring preferences, you might want to trash your prefs and start again.
Locate the Mixbus preferences folder found in your  ~ Home directory (Windows: ~/AppData/Local/Mixbus7) trash the folder and relaunch Mixbus, that will guide you through the install procedure again. Note any colour, key map or other user prefs you have set will go.
If that is too daunting, email support:  mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
That solved it, Thank You so much! Quick question, the mixbus window when I hit Shift+B is laggy when I drag it around, is that normal?