Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy those AVA plugins on sale?
I've read many good things about the AVA and XT plugins. I'm very hesitant to buy mixing plugins because I don't have time to really dig in and learn them. Plus I'm doing pretty well with the built in EQ and Compression. 

I know each person's requirements differ but any advice on a short list, perhaps in order of which ones to buy next would be very appreciated.
I think that the Character series is a must as is the Legacy EQ and Multiband.
The biggest choice is XT or AVA. If you work mainly within Mixbus or a Linux world then the XT range makes sense.
I 'have' to use Pro tools so I got the AVA range. Personal favs are AVA Drum / Bass Character.
You can download AVA demo here
All the XT range are preloaded in Mixbus and can be demoed, the controls stay active and work, the UI times out after a period but there is full functionality.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-05-2022, 08:05 PM)Dingo Wrote: I think that the Character series is a must as is the Legacy EQ and Multiband.
The biggest choice is XT or AVA. If you work mainly within Mixbus or a Linux world then the XT range makes sense.
I 'have' to use Pro tools so I got the AVA range. Personal favs are AVA Drum / Bass Character.
You can download AVA demo here
All the XT range are preloaded in Mixbus and can be demoed, the controls stay active and work, the UI times out after a period but there is full functionality.

Hi Dingo,

Thanks, your reply clears things up for me - I hadn't figured out why there were two ranges of processor plugins. So going with XT licenses just unlocks them. 

Doug