Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Black Pearl Kit - Crash decay cutting off
Hi users! It's been awhile since my last forum visit. Im still using 32c V6.1 and mixing pretty much everything there. But today I wanted to try something different for a friend's band.

I tried to program a punk-hardcore band drums for a friend just to give him some quantized drums to start with. The song sounds like NOFX style just to put you in context. Tempo is 210 bpm.
The thing is that I every time I play one of the cymbals during a pattern loaded with floor tom hits, kick and snare, the decay of the cymbal cuts off 1 and a 1/2 or 3/4 bars aprox.

If I made a "rock pattern" or something like that, a simple rythm I can hear the cymbal decay just fine. Even if I press the cymbal picture on the graph representation and also in the piano roll. 
So the problem is within the region or something there, I guess...

Can anyone of the experts here give a hand? I blamed the built in kit first but honestly I don't have EZ or Superior Drummer just to double check if it's a plugin limitation or a MIDI/Mixbus/Ardour limitation because of the notes, idk, honestly blind here. 

PS: Im using the Black Pearl multi-out 9

Thanks!
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!
So yeah, it was the plugin. I tested the same MIDI block with SD3 and the crash didnt cut off.
Just FYI.
Estudio Dream Big
Mixbus 32c V6 - Intel i5 2390T - 6GB RAM - HDD 7200 RPM - Tascam US 16x08 - Win7
Nothing can go wrong!