Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Output on mixbus disappears/stops working
I have a couple of re-occurring issues that are starting to wear me down with this DAW. I will keep them on separate threads so as no to muddy the 'water'.
This has happened twice in the same project and on another in the past where one of the mix buses becomes inactive. 
I do like to run my mix bus outputs separately to a mixer for further outboard processing/summing (don't groan)
The mixbus meter will show audio is playing but when I select the output dropdown on the channel menu (as per my picture) something weird has happened to the output connections  matrix, I have put a normal functioning matrix next to it to show the difference.
The bus also completely disappears from the Audio Connections Manager.
It seems to be the vocal bus in this session, it starts off fine for few days and then when I return to the sessions it has stopped working. I then have to copy the plugins over to spare mixbus.
I now have two inactive mix busses in the session, if it happens again before I finish the track which I'm nearly there on I will have not spare buses left.

Windows 10, RME Digiface, Mixbus32c V6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So are you saying that the Vocal track was routed to some ADAT channels but now it's not - and you can't click the routing back again?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(06-28-2022, 08:19 AM)johne53 Wrote: So are you saying that the Vocal track was routed to some ADAT channels but now it's not - and you can't click the routing back again?

Yeah, something weird has happened. If you look at my pic, the Vox buss outputs are no longer showing left and right like the Drum Bus and you cant click on them.
Ah, so it's almost as if the Vocal bus has become mono. Does it still show as mono if you select another tab - e.g. Mixbus32C tracks?

You might need to send the session to Harrison for someone to look at:- support@harrisonconsoles.com
(06-28-2022, 10:13 AM)johne53 Wrote: Ah, so it's almost as if the Vocal bus has become mono. Does it still show as mono if you select another tab - e.g. Mixbus32C tracks?

You might need to send the session to Harrison for someone to look at:- support@harrisonconsoles.com

Ill give it a try when I get home. If I have to send the session over -How is that done? Obviously that is quite large. Do I send it via google drive or drop  box ?
If you're lucky they might only need the session file (the one ending in .ardour) which should be small enough to email to them.

BTW - are you aware that backup files can be saved? If enabled, they'll be in a subfolder of your session (the subfolder's called backup)

So if you can find a backup which doesn't exhibit the problem, they might ask for both files (or maybe the whole backup folder) so that they can figure out what the difference is.
BTW - you mentioned that this has affected 2 sessions for you but I just noticed that you're still running MB32C ver 6. So presumably it's been a very rare occurrence? Maybe try and figure out if there's anything else that's common to both those sessions. A particular plugin maybe? Or an unusual way that you've connected things?