Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you bounce metronome to audio file? Please help!
Is there a way to do this? I am using version 7 but also tried earlier versions in the past. I need to have the click as a separate audio file to give to someone else for rehearsal and do not want it on the exported track with the song. It is easy in Logic but I cannot seem to figure it out here. I have many changes so it would not be simple to recreate in another program. I have the metronome selected to sound, and it does. I muted the tracks and exported but the file is silent. I even placed an empty track and left it unmuted just in case the Mute had some affect but the results are the same. Any ideas?
What I do is create a new mono audio track and using Audio Connections Manager, I route one side of the Metronome into that audio track and record for the length of the song (plus count in). At the same time I de-assign the click from the Monitors.
After recording you will need to re-align the recorded click to your grid.
This occurs because the Metronome is currently delay compensated into the Monitor section, so recording it directly will over compensate.
It is pretty easy to re-align but I believe that a more elegant way is in the development pipeline.
Hope this helps get you going.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-26-2022, 07:26 PM)Dingo Wrote: What I do is create a new mono audio track and using Audio Connections Manager, I route one side of the Metronome into that audio track and record for the length of the song (plus count in). At the same time I de-assign the click from the Monitors.
After recording you will need to re-align the recorded click to your grid.
This occurs because the Metronome is currently delay compensated into the Monitor section, so recording it directly will over compensate.
It is pretty easy to re-align but I believe that a more elegant way is in the development pipeline.
Hope this helps get you going.

Thank you. I will try that out tonight!
For those not familiar with routing signals in Mixbus...

Window / Audio Connections - will open the Audio Connections Manager ACM.

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ons-window

On the Left are Sources and at the bottom are Destinations. Tabs indicate the different I/O categories.

Here the Click is routed to Audio 2 input.

Routing to the Hardware outputs

If you route to an Input as well as hardware the compensation is ambiguous.
You should not have the click patched to both at the same time.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5