Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more cues possible?
Hi there is there any option I can't find in the manual to add more cues than A to H? Especcially when doing a "lively" drumset with lots of fills and changes this is a hughe limitation and I would have to use many more than one Midi-Track for my drums which will not work very well with my old laptop..
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
@arthie:

In the future you'll be able to add, remove, copy, paste and insert rows.  However, that's just one of several items on our ToDo list.  For example we want to allow you to record directly into a slot.

The Cues page is a brand-new development since v8.0, and when completed it will be almost a complete DAW in itself, dedicated to 'creation'.  In fact we may rename the page to 'Create'  to more adequately describe its function... what do you think?

Have you fully investigated the "Cue Isolate" feature?  If you have drums with several fills and changes,  you can use Cue Isolate to prevent those rows from responding to Cues, and thereby increase the number of available cues for other parts of your song.

-Ben
"Compose" may be more relevant. Because you can create anything but compose the music. I understand that it is not limited only to music (any audio will do) but it sounds better and more indicative than generic Create.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Create yes or Design perhaps ? Not everything created is a composition - I have been using Cues to trigger SFX and Atmos.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi Ben,

thank you for your response it's helpfull and no, I did not use the isolate function, but the problem would not have been solved with it anyways, I would have to do different drum-tracks for Verse and Refrain to have enough slots. I like music where drums are evolving slightly even in between parts and verse b has a slightly different groove than verse a and so on, if you add fills and stuff with three or more different parts Slots from A to H is very few Wink But I am looking forward for the things to come.

One little thing I noticed when using the glue to beats and bar function of my cue markers is that some of them would not stick to my bars when trying a tempo change. I also think that cues should be linked to bars as a standard as you do want to keep the arrangement in place when trying different tempos for your song. I would be interessted in your thoughts, why you decided to have it behaving the way it is.

For me in my workflow the cue page is a layout page, where I can layout my song in its rough shape and then switch to edit and do all the audio recording, editing an mixing stuff. So If you want to rename it perhaps think of layout beside compose or create. At the end of the day, it is not important how that feature is named (at least to me), just how it works. It works fine allready and with some tweaks it will be a great addition to mixbus. Keep up the good work.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2