Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay an Aux Send
I want to send tracks to ONE reverb with different delays for each track sent to that one reverb. Anyone know how to insert a delay before a send or Mixbus ?
A delay plugin set to 100 percent "wet" on the track?
Well, I guess that would only work if all you want is the reverb... output and nothing dry in the mix...

Send the output of the track to another track as well, put delay on that track, and only put that track's output to the send only, and not the main mix.
Then you have to have separate tracks for your reverb sends per track, as in, Snare volume, and Snare Reverb.
(06-03-2022, 02:09 PM)sportsound Wrote: I want to send tracks to ONE reverb with different delays for each track sent to that one reverb. Anyone know how to insert a delay before a send or Mixbus ?

There are two ways you might do this assuming you want to be able to mix the direct sources as well as your delayed signals.
I do a lot of post and often have to map different delays across multiple picture edits.
In this scenario I would duplicate all my tracks that need delays, and then manually slide each track to set my delay times, then balance between the original and the duplicates.

The other way is to make a series of Auxillary Audio Busses. You then set each channel to the Bus it needs to go to.
Insert your delay lines into the Aux busses and then assign them to your Mixbus that has the reverb on.

I tend to use Mixbus 12 as my main reverb, remove Master sends from the duplicate tracks and/or aux busses.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Funny, I was thinking about exactly the same problem a few days ago. Having a common room reverb and delayed sends to individually adjust the predelay time would really be nice for a three dimensional mix.
I came to the conclusion that an extra bus for every track might be the easiest solution here. But some kind of 'extended send' - maybe with a delay and phase toggle (see www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6C2E7I8Cy8&t=356s) would be good thing. Maybe it can be done with a 'send' and 'receive' plugin.
I have to think about it
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ok, I created an LV2 plugin that abuses the sidechain functionality to create a kind of delayed and or phase-flipped aux. See https://codeberg.org/dehnhardt/Auxit
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20