Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA de-esser vs XT-DS de-esser
I use the XT-DS de-esser quite a bit in Mixbus 32C.
And with the AVA de-esser now on sale, I wonder if these two are based on the same algorithms or if they are two rather different de-essers.
I'd guess they are based on the same, but I haven't tried the AVA one, so I don't really know.
Does anyone else know?
I checked both with the equal settings. The 'engine' seems to be exactly the same. The result did not sound different to me at all. But what really makes a difference is the RTA display in the AVA deesser. Especially the 'scroll' mode is super handy to find the right frequencies.
(05-24-2022, 02:10 PM)Holger Wrote: I checked both with the equal settings. The 'engine' seems to be exactly the same. The result did not sound different to me at all. But what really makes a difference is the RTA display in the AVA deesser. Especially the 'scroll' mode is super handy to find the right frequencies.

Thank you so much!
nobody asked me but the AVA De-esser is THE best de-esser there is! Harrison nailed the user interface big time. Love it - use it all the time! All my other de-essers are out of work ...