Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C v7 is so bugged
Hi Folks,

sorry to say.. I like to work on Mixbus32C v7 but it is soo god damn bugged that I always need to return to Cubase.

Today:
my session wouldn't save, after two hours of work, saving session, when I returned to Mixbus... nothing saved, back to ground Zero...
at night, after doing all work again (boring editing)... HOFA IQ Abnalyser (essential plug to check) just doesn't work on either channels...

yes... and before ask:
On Cubase 9 and 12 everything just works fllawlessly ... it's when you think to give up on this Mixbus 32C.

If I'd done my sessions on Cubase I would be 4 hours ahead by now..

regards
V7 I agree, could not finish even one mix in it. V8 has a lot to be tweaked.
I use v6 for work, all it knows is enough for my workflow.
How is it that added new features kill some simple old ones that used to work great?
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(05-22-2022, 09:44 PM)JanS Wrote: after two hours of work, saving session, when I returned to Mixbus... nothing saved, back to ground Zero...

It might be worth checking in your Preferences window. Under the General settings there's an option to make periodic backups (i.e. auto-save). If it's enabled, you might have some safety copies without realising it.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
32C Ver 7 is super stable here, no issues at all.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(05-22-2022, 09:44 PM)JanS Wrote: HOFA IQ Abnalyser (essential plug to check) just doesn't work on either channels...
regards

I just downloaded and tested IQ-Series Analyser v2 - using it over the Master channel. I am not familiar with the product but it seems to work for me.
Tested in 32C versions 7 and 8 - this might be a WIN specific issue. I used VST3 to test (no VST installer).
Check the pin-outs and make sure some funnies have not occurred there.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5