Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash when combining regions
Hi,

I am having problems combining regions after cutting them up for example combining after doing slip edit anybody else experienced this?

I also get 6 clicks when doing pre count (shift + >) is there a setting for this?

And finally Smile when doing a pre roll (shift + <) it seems like the punch in is deactivated so I cant use punch in with pre roll.

I dont know if these are bugs or maybe there is a way too solve this

Thanks
What do you mean by 'combining'? Do you mean just editing them together or do you mean re-recording them into a single clip?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-16-2022, 04:11 PM)Gunnar Wrote: Hi,

I am having problems combining regions after cutting them up for example combining after doing slip edit anybody else experienced this?

I also get 6 clicks when doing pre count (shift + >) is there a setting for this?

And finally Smile when doing a pre roll (shift + <) it seems like the punch in is deactivated so I cant use punch in with pre roll.

Thanks

Hi Gunnar welcome to the forum, what version of Mixbus are you using and what flavour of Win ?
Not sure about your first question.
Transport / Record with Count In ⇧> from memory there is a known bug of adding extra counts or portions of depending on tempo.
Transport / Record with Preroll ⇧< does not work with punch in/out
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-17-2022, 01:53 AM)johne53 Wrote: What do you mean by 'combining'? Do you mean just editing them together or do you mean re-recording them into a single clip?

Well in my case if I record 2 guitars one left one right I usually have to slip edit to get a tight performance, so instead of having lets say 5 clips or regions id like to combine them to just one clip. You can do this by selecting all the clips and right click go to edit and than choose combine. Thats when mixbus 8 crashes I didnt have this problem in MB 7. Hope this make sense
(05-17-2022, 04:27 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 04:11 PM)Gunnar Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

Hi Gunnar welcome to the forum, what version of Mixbus are you using and what flavour of Win ?
Not sure about your first question.
Transport / Record with Count In ⇧> from memory there is a known bug of adding extra counts or portions of depending on tempo.
Transport / Record with Preroll ⇧< does not work with punch in/out

Hi and thanks

I am using the latest Mixbus 8 and win 11

The Count in actually works if I disable snap and nudge the play head a tiny bit before the beat. I have noticed this behavior with midi as well, for example on midi drums where lets say the kick drum wont play on the first beat but if I nudge the play head to the left a tiny bit it works.
(05-17-2022, 02:42 PM)Gunnar Wrote: id like to combine them to just one clip. You can do this by selecting all the clips and right click go to edit and than choose combine. Thats when mixbus 8 crashes I didnt have this problem in MB 7.

Thanks Gunnar - I've tried it here with ver 8.0.106 but I'm not seeing the crash. Are you only seeing it with one particular session?
(05-17-2022, 02:42 PM)Gunnar Wrote: ...You can do this by selecting all the clips and right click go to edit and than choose combine. Thats when mixbus 8 crashes I didnt have this problem in MB 7. Hope this make sense
Gunnar have tried this in MB32C v 8 on macOS with mono and stereo audio and cannot replicate.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-17-2022, 02:42 PM)Gunnar Wrote: Well in my case if I record 2 guitars one left one right I usually have to slip edit to get a tight performance, so instead of having lets say 5 clips or regions id like to combine them to just one clip. You can do this by selecting all the clips and right click go to edit and than choose combine. Thats when mixbus 8 crashes I didnt have this problem in MB 7. Hope this make sense

It might be a good idea to start Mixbus32C from the command line and study the output Mixbus32C writes back there. That output is often helpful.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(05-18-2022, 04:39 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 02:42 PM)Gunnar Wrote: id like to combine them to just one clip. You can do this by selecting all the clips and right click go to edit and than choose combine. Thats when mixbus 8 crashes I didnt have this problem in MB 7.

Thanks Gunnar - I've tried it here with ver 8.0.106 but I'm not seeing the crash. Are you only seeing it with one particular session?

Hi,

It happens on new and old sessions but I discovered that if I only cut or split with (S) at the playhead and than combine it works, but if I select a range and than hit (s) and try to combine it crashes so maybe you can try that and see if you get the same problem.

Thanks
I've tried splitting a region using 'S' and then recombining it (without doing anything in between). And I've also tried splitting a region using 'S', then sliding one item to create a gap (or overlap) between them and then recombining. But I still don't see any crash here  Huh