Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login to authorise plugins
Hi,

I've had to authorise some plugins like bias amp using another daw as mixes 32c won't let me type in my log in information to allow authorisation. If somebody at harrison could get this fixed it would be much appreciated as I am using 32c as my main daw.
It would help if you detail what your OS is, also apart from bias amp (I assume Positive Grid) what vendors are you having difficulty with ?
I have had no issues with third party vendor authorisation on macOS but I am not a Positive Grid user.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-13-2022, 10:54 PM)Dingo Wrote: It would help if you detail what your OS is, also apart from bias amp (I assume Positive Grid) what vendors are you having difficulty with ?
I have had no issues with third party vendor authorisation on macOS but I am not a Positive Grid user.

I am on osx Monterey. I have had the issue with a couple of plugs recently, I forget which now as i was able to type in word then paste my email and password in inside of mixbus, with bias amp it wouldn't even let me do that. I'll see if i can remember the other plugin developers, i'll have to go through my plugin list. It might be a problem with the coding of the plugins themselves but being from different companies I'm leaning toward it being a mixbus issue. I tried both the au and vst versions of the plugs to authorise.
I've had the same issue with Atlas 2 (the drum machine from Algonaut).
In order to authorize/register/connect to server, I have to use some other DAW.
MB32C isn't able to make connection.

But when having done this with an other DAW, MB32C can use it just perfectly.

This is on Linux, by the way.
Mixbus also won't let me log into Bias amps tone room whether vst or au plug is used. I have to switch to another daw to use these features. It's the same issue it won't let me type to log in. It's a shame cause I'd love to never have to leave mixbus. It's catching up to all the other daws very quickly and I much prefer the workflow of mixbus. I'm hoping soon I'll be able to ditch pro tools completely.
I contacted support about this last night and was informed there is a keyboard icon in the upper right hand side of the plug-in gui that has to be pressed. Another quick response from the Harrison team. I thought I’d post the response here for everyone else that missed this little icon.
I'm delighted to find this out, thanks for the info!
It's one of those things I'd never figure out on my own. Even the info when hovering the mouse cursor over this keyboard doesn't at all indicate that it will allow for plugins to phone home.

But knowing this, I do have to say I appreciate Mixbus not just letting plugins connect to servers as they wish. It's great to be able to control it!
(05-19-2022, 08:04 PM)vibesound Wrote: I contacted support about this last night and was informed there is a keyboard icon in the upper right hand side of the plug-in gui that has to be pressed. Another quick response from the Harrison team. I thought I’d post the response here for everyone else that missed this little icon.

Thanks vibesound... I should have twigged that the plugin keyboard direction was the issue. Thanks for posting.

Moved thread from Feature Requests to General Discussion
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5