Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA Drum Flow Character module not working(?)
Any one having a problem with the AVA Drum Flow Character module not working ?   --

no matter how drastically i change parameters it doesn't seem to be doing anything to a kick drum----I pulled out my copy of the Boz Transgressor which operates in a similar way and i was able to change the "character" of the attack and sustain etc. with transgressor --- Im on a 2018 mac mini using the AAX version in Protools 2021----any help is appreciated--
thanks!
(05-09-2022, 05:37 PM)John Kurzweg Wrote: Any one having a problem with the AVA Drum Flow Character module not working ?   --

no matter how drastically i change parameters it doesn't seem to be doing anything to a kick drum----I pulled out my copy of the Boz Transgressor which operates in a similar way and i was able to change the "character" of the attack and sustain etc. with transgressor --- Im on a 2018 mac mini using the AAX version in Protools 2021----any help is appreciated--
thanks!

Hi John, are you setting the threshold for the Flow sections ?
I trim the threshold between peak and the 'meat' of the sample until I get the red led triggering.
Also check you have not clicked the disable button if using in Mixbus (2nd icon from right on top bar of the Drum Flow UI) the led should be off (enabled).

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-09-2022, 05:51 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 05:37 PM)John Kurzweg Wrote: Any one having a problem with the AVA Drum Flow Character module not working ?   --

thanks!

Hi John, are you setting the threshold for the Flow sections ?
I trim the threshold between peak and the 'meat' of the sample until I get the red led triggering.
Also check you have not clicked the disable button if using in Mixbus (2nd icon from right on top bar of the Drum Flow UI) the led should be off (enabled).

OMG -- thanks for replying Dingo----Ive been using thresholds in audio gear for at least 40 years now --- how did i miss that the character section had a threshold just like the compressor,gate , and signal generator sections?......
That was it, and thanks again!