Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EZdrummer 3
So the new version is vst3 only, but it seems that in this case, Mixbus doesn't allow more than two pin connections. So the software is unusable as multi-out in the PC version of Mixbus. It's a shame. Will there be an update soon? I mean, really soon? Maybe I should go back to Reaper... Always these minor things that are not so minor, actually. Maybe Harrison should cross-check with other developers, when something this big is about to being released. Anyway, I hope this will be addressed.
(05-08-2022, 07:11 AM)Caberto Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:34 AM)Corgan Wrote: So the new version is vst3 only, but it seems that in this case, Mixbus doesn't allow more than two pin connections. So the software is unusable as multi-out in the PC version of Mixbus. It's a shame. Will there be an update soon? I mean, really soon? Maybe I should go back to Reaper... Always these minor things that are not so minor, actually. Maybe Harrison should cross-check with other developers, when something this big is about to being released. Anyway, I hope this will be addressed.

Hi Corgan, 

You are right, but I must add that  Mixbus32C v8 does allow AU plugins multichannel fan out. It takes me to the point that most music software producers, not only Mixbus, put their attention on Mac OS first,  considering us, Windows users, second class customers (including Microsoft, that still does not address the ACPI:SYS issue),  who do not deserve the same consideration as the Apple elite.

Hi Caberto,

Yes, I saw on Harrison's Youtube channel the video where you can see that it's working on Mac. So yes, first things first, you know, then Windows. Tongue But some feedback would be nice from devs.
One can also say that Linux users (usually) get these goodies after everyone else has had them.
And, in many cases, they don't get them at all!
I feel that way when it comes to many product vendors - take MOTU for example.
My current satisfaction with MB/MB32C, when it comes to "core" functionality far outweighs
not being able to use certain plugins on my Linux computer, and that's why I also run a
Windows based session computer. Maybe I'll need to drop my Windows computer for one that runs MAC OS... ?!?!??

Cheers!
Patrick
I would assume the video on the Mac is using the AU version, which has always been supported, and supports dynamic IO. VST3 was Steinberg's answer to that like 15 year ago....that no one really supported Mixbus adding it where v7? Ardour is what 20 years old? Right. 

I am going to remind the devs that I advised they NOT try to make Mixbus a MIDI/music creation software. I get that it opens you to a different market. But, it's a REALLY high maintenance one that you are not equipped for...

This is probably what they need to fix it(note that Toontracks products all have 16 stereo busses--it's only connecting to 0):
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 1 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 2 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 3 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 4 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 5 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 6 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 7 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 8 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 9 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 10 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 11 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 12 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 13 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 14 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ ignored bus: 15 type: kMain count: 2
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 0 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 1 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 2 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 3 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 4 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 5 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 6 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 7 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 8 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 9 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 10 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 11 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 12 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 13 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 14 rv: 0, got type: kMain
[Info]: VST3: \ error getting busInfo for bus: 15 rv: 0, got type: kMain
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
Yes I made a video for Mac users because VST3 currently does not support multi outputs. SD3 provided a VST2 option which worked fine with fanning out tracks. The issue is known and being worked on.

thanks for your patience
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(05-09-2022, 02:15 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: Yes I made a video for Mac users because VST3 currently does not support multi outputs.  SD3 provided a VST2 option which worked fine with fanning out tracks.  The issue is known and being worked on. 

thanks for your patience

I just found the issue using EZD3 here in 32C-8.
Looking foward to get VST3 multi outputs asap.

Thank you,
R.W.
Win11x64,Asus TUF X570-PLUS RYZEN 7, 16g, UAD-2 quad USB, Sound Device-MixPre6 mkII, Mixbus 32C v9
Plus 1 for addressing this issue.
I have to bring this up again. Because Kontakt 7 is now vst3 only. Now, multi out support for Windows is a must have, I think. At least for me. This way, I can't work with Mixbus anymore. It's really sad.
I have to add my dissapointment here as well, I just started working on a project using Superior Drummer 3 and the Orchestral add in.
Not a trivial investment.
But then I am hit with the same VST3 no multi out support.
The SD3 app/plugin on Windows sure has seperate outputs to choose per instrument, and being Windows only, I assume it is not a VST3 issue, but a Mixbus issue?
Otherwise, why would it have all those outputs to chose from?
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Looking at the Ardour message board it looks like support maybe coming…

discourse.ardour.org/t/vst-3-multi-bus-support/108208/11 (add https colon slash slash in front of that to get a working link - and my apologies if I shouldn’t include even that much of the link in this post)

If I read that article correctly and it takes care of the multi-out need, I assume that the the change on the Ardour side would have to be in, at least one, stable version of Ardour before it would hit Mixbus/32C.

@nathan and @ben - am I reading that article correctly and is my expectation of what it takes to get in an Mixbus/32C version about right?