Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crazy cpu usage
(11-12-2021, 06:46 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Latency can sometimes be an issue. Does Motu Mixer work on Linux? In fact, I look forward to hoping that RME Fireface will come with Linux drivers and Totalmix. I could finally leave Windows out altogether.

Now that I've been testing the latest Mixbus 32 C Avlinux MXE for a week, it may run at a higher dsp load than before. Or I just imagine. Rolleyes

No, Motu are not supporting Linux... Sad 

BUT:

The Motu Ultralite are class compliant (with the correct firmware) and you control their DSP in a web browser. The Motu Ultralite AVB has an Ethernet port and that makes it possible under Linux because the built-in web server is accessible through this. So the second answer is Yes Smile

I have this one since 2017 and I'm happy with it. The interface allows dedicated browsers for the AUX sends, so every talent's smartphone or tablet turns into a personal mixer, very handy.
I have a Behringer ADA8200 attached, so that sums up to 18 inputs and 16 outputs, that's plenty for my mini-studio. (oh and I can add my Soundcraft Ui24R on the fly for another 20 inputs and some AUX's - also controlled via web interface)

Cheers,
MMM

Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
just found this old thread again, long time with no mixing.. Wink 

great the Motu Ultralite  works class compliant.. what version do you have of that? is it the MK3 ? shoudl they all work? 
(09-22-2022, 11:46 AM)calimerox Wrote: just found this old thread again, long time with no mixing.. Wink 

great the Motu Ultralite  works class compliant.. what version do you have of that? is it the MK3 ? shoudl they all work? 

No I think it's not the mk3 (sorry it's all packed up for a while as I move work/life center to another town and will be busy renovation my 1910 cottage). But I posted the maximum firmware version here earlier.

Cheers, MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
@madmaxmiller - good to see you back. So a new studio in the Hills ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5