Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to MB, Love it but still excited about V3! Upgrade cost?
Im new to MB, a week or two ago. As much as I love things the way they are, and I do so far, I am eagerly awaiting the new V3 also! Does anyone know how the upgrade works or costs for Harrison MB in past? I know if you are a subscriber it comes free, but what if you are not? I've been trying and learning other daws for a a few years now, and from what I've seen, it can vary quite a bit! Apparently Presonus is reasonable like $50 for new versions ( Mixcraft $50 Pro version), and others are much more (Logic $199, Sonar $100?, Live $100?, Reason $100?, etc too expensive for hobbyist me to update all of them imo).
Wanted to get an idea as many new versions are coming out in things I own already and hopefully the subscription is more of a support R/D thing and not so much a pmt plan for the higher new version cost (like Ardour which I subscribed to support Mixbus and V4 there)....... Tia

And with all the anticipation talk for V3, let me say Thank You for 2.5 as it is Awesome as it is, for what it is! I wish I'd have found it sooner (before spending $$$ on other daw products) Sad Smile
~Budget Hobbyist
Hi Greg, thanks for all the nice comments!

We're working hard to finish v3 and get it in your hands!!!

-Ben
(04-15-2015, 09:05 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi Greg, thanks for all the nice comments!

-Ben

Thanks Ben! I know you can't say when, but I was just wondering about the update process with Harrison since i'm new. Guess I'll have to wait to see if none are familiar with it in past. Heck, I'd like to just subscribe to help the cause, but no paychecks coming in right now, so watching my monthly's. IE I wanted to contribute so I was able to choose a lower cost Ardour plan.......... Tia for all you guys are doing that we aren't aware of yet! If 2.5 is any indication, I'm very much excited about 3.0...... if I can afford it when the time comes, lol

PS Your tutorials are some of the best! Please continue that wonderful aspect of HMB with V3 also! Peace
~Budget Hobbyist
I can't wait for miXbus v3! I'm more than sure that it will be a game changer DAW.
In my opinion, if it will have better stability and more mixbusses or at least latency compansated simple busses, v3 will be the best DAW out there!
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
(04-15-2015, 09:05 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi Greg, thanks for all the nice comments!

-Ben

Good news.