Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color Palette v8
My color palette is empty on v8?

Just trying to change selected region color, anybody else have issues?
That is a known issue with current v8 and is being addressed.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-01-2022, 12:33 AM)Dingo Wrote: That is a known issue with current v8 and is being addressed.

Thanks, I don't change a lot of colors generally but I just don't like the red region with gold yellow waveform at all.
I copied the color file from v6 hidden folder: user/user/appdata/local MB6/color....
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Do you mean this color selector or the one that's in the Preferences window (i.e. the one that brings up a list but with a table of palette choices...)

I'm seeing all of them here so I'm a bit confused  Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
@johne53 -

The issue is with the color palette in the Preferences section.
Specifically, you go into Preferences and the Color.
There you see a list of all the variable names for widgets and other aspects that you can (normally) change the colors of.
Click on a variable name and then on the color oval to its right.
In a working release, a window will pop up with a palette of (54?) colors to chose from.
In V8 the window pops up, but there is no palette.

The color selector that you showed is very useful as it displays the actual hex RGB values of the color you choose.
I make note of the colors I want and then use those values in the "my_colors" (whatever) file so I can customize my V8 layout.
Quit and then restart MB32C to see the changes.
It's a PitA, but gets the job done.

Cheers!
Patrick