Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempting to Migrate Projects to external SSD
Windows 7
32c V6

Thanks to all in advance for the help. To free up disc space, I've copied my root project folder (which contains all project folders) from the internal SSD to a Samsung T5 external SSD. Upon opening the projects from the external SSD, Mixbus is unable to locate any midi or audio file with the prefix 'recorder:' Is there an easy workaround or do I have to finish these projects on the internal hard drive?
(04-09-2022, 01:48 PM)fkeller93 Wrote: Upon opening the projects from the external SSD, Mixbus is unable to locate any midi or audio file with the prefix 'recorder:'

The colon ( : ) isn't a valid character in Windows file names. I'd be amazed if they were previously opening in Windows 7. Are these projects you've transferred from some other system (Mac / Linux)  Huh
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I would suggest you contact support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Sorry to ghost this thread, It turned out to be my mistake for not formatting the new SSD properly. Thanks to all for the advice.
@fkeller93 -

Would you please post the two states of your SSD's format:
- What you specified (incorrectly) that caused the issue and,
- What you specified that corrected the issue?

Thank you and Cheers!
Patrick