Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy on Graphics.
Why is Mixbus 8 so taxing on my Graphics card? I have a GeForce 1000Ti (4GB RAM) and i use 2 monitors (1 is 4K the other is FHD). I play games in full resolution (4K) and high or ultra settings generally but I have to  close the FHD monitor and lower the resolution of the other to 2K in order to work on Mixbus 32c v8. My PC has two XEON processors (24 cores) and 36 GB of RAM and I have an SSD hard drive. Is there going to be any solution to this? I already saw problems with Mixbus 32c v7 but version 8 is much much worse.
The two most common reasons are:-

1) Using plugins which need OpenGL (esp. Waves)
2) Using a very small buffer size.

Try increasing your buffer size to 1024 or 2048 and see if that helps.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
This has been discussed before in this forum. I see you use a Nvidia card. In Nvidia control panel set "Adjust image setting with preview". Set "Use my preferences emphasizing - Performance". I believe you can also setup a profile for the Program Mixbus under "Manage 3d settings" for Mixbus to use your specific settings when launched.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win 7-64/Dell Precision Dual Quad 3ghz/20gb-MX v5.3/32C v8.2.170-RME UFX/RME ff800
(04-22-2022, 12:04 PM)johne53 Wrote: The two most common reasons are:-

1) Using plugins which need OpenGL (esp. Waves)
2) Using a very small buffer size.

Try increasing your buffer size to 1024 or 2048 and see if that helps.

No this deffinitely NOT the problem. I have a buffer 0f 4096 and the program has NO problem in playing the songs. The problem is that it stucks when I try to use third party plugins, especially if they have a "lifelike" graphical user interface. The problems are in Graphics.
(04-23-2022, 11:24 AM)Trick77 Wrote: This has been discussed before in this forum. I see you use a Nvidia card. In Nvidia control panel set "Adjust image setting with preview". Set "Use my preferences emphasizing - Performance". I believe you can also setup a profile for the Program Mixbus under "Manage 3d settings" for Mixbus to use your specific settings when launched.

I checked the NVIDIA settings and adjusted as you said. It surely behaves better now (I can use 4k resolution but STILL have to turn off the second monitor) and there are some hickups, especially when I load the interface of more than two plugins simultaneously. 

The thing is that this is a DAW pogram not a game! And it is so taxing as if it were using antialiasing and shadows in ultra high modes (like some games). I believe that this is bad codding. And when I am working in projects of more than 12 tracks (not big projects) the problems are getting worse. I wonder what would happen with projects with 20 tracks or more...

I use other DAWS as well (like CUBASE  12 PRO and SAMPLITUBE PRO X5) and have  NEVER encounterd such problems. I have modern games that behave  better, even without the NVIDIA adjustments.
(04-26-2022, 07:00 AM)elichord Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 11:24 AM)Trick77 Wrote: This has been discussed before in this forum. I see you use a Nvidia card. In Nvidia control panel set "Adjust image setting with preview". Set "Use my preferences emphasizing - Performance". I believe you can also setup a profile for the Program Mixbus under "Manage 3d settings" for Mixbus to use your specific settings when launched.

I checked the NVIDIA settings and adjusted as you said. It surely behaves better now (I can use 4k resolution but STILL have to turn off the second monitor) and there are some hickups, especially when I load the interface of more than two plugins simultaneously. 

The thing is that this is a DAW pogram not a game! And it is so taxing as if it were using antialiasing and shadows in ultra high modes (like some games). I believe that this is bad codding. And when I am working in projects of more than 12 tracks (not big projects) the problems are getting worse. I wonder what would happen with projects with 20 tracks or more...

I use other DAWS as well (like CUBASE  12 PRO and SAMPLITUBE PRO X5) and have  NEVER encounterd such problems. I have modern games that behave  better, even without the NVIDIA adjustments.

I just removed an NVIDIA Quadro from my system and Mixbus v8 works much better with the Intel on-chip graphics instead. I was getting strange drawing misalignment issues with MIDI tracks and generally disappointing performance overall. Pro Tools also works better without the quadro. NVIDIA drivers want system priority and that doesn't always favor DAWs which are dependent on real-time performance. Try removing the card and adding as much RAM to your board as possible; that is of course if your CPU has integrated graphics. Make sure you install the motherboard's graphics driver! I couldn't even load AVA plugins with the standard Microsoft driver.
(04-30-2022, 10:16 PM)Picophone Wrote: Make sure you install the motherboard's graphics driver! I couldn't even load AVA plugins with the standard Microsoft driver.

This is most likely another manifestation of OpenGL. Microsoft's own driver won't be optimized for any particular graphics chip. Most likely it'll just run in system RAM. Whereas the motherboard's driver will be optimized for the specific chip.

Of course, all this presumes that the chip itself will support at least the version of OpenGL that's needed by those AVA plugins.. If it doesn't, control will fall back to Microsoft's driver anyway (the MS driver is effectively a "catch all" which tries to guarantee some kind of compatibility, though at the cost of poor performance).  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!