Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo to mono out
Hi there,

Please can anyone advise if I can set stereo out to mono within MB to allow me to connect a single mono reference monitor from a pair of TRS line-outs from my Audiobox 44VSL

Regards

Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
(04-13-2015, 08:00 AM)amsmarle Wrote: Hi there,

Please can anyone advise if I can set stereo out to mono within MB to allow me to connect a single mono reference monitor from a pair of TRS line-outs from my Audiobox 44VSL

Regards

Alan

Mixbus uses JackIn jack one can (almost) make any connection one likes

So one can connect master/out 1 to system:playback_8 and master/out2 to system:playback_8 : supposing that to system:playback_8 is connecting to your mono reference monitor. Left and right out are summed.

To be honest : i do not understand what you mean by : from a pair of TRS line-outs from my Audiobox 44VSL

Basically lane can connect any number of outputs of mix bus to a hardware output.

I hope i am clear .. if not tell Wink

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Right, you can send the L+R signal to both outputs of your device to make the signal mono, but that's not easy to switch on-the-fly.

I suggest using a plugin like "Stereo Tool" by Flux; Set the plugin up to mono your signal, and then enable/disable it when you want to switch between mono/stereo.

The upcoming version, Mixbus v3, has a dedicated "mono" button on the monitor outputs.
(04-13-2015, 09:34 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The upcoming version, Mixbus v3, has a dedicated "mono" button on the monitor outputs.

LOL Ben you are really stirring it... let's guess how long it takes to turn this into another "when comes v3" thread Big Grin

MMM
(04-13-2015, 09:05 AM)Frank Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 08:00 AM)amsmarle Wrote: Hi there,

Regards

Alan

Mixbus uses JackIn jack one can (almost) make any connection one likes

So one can connect master/out 1 to system:playback_8 and master/out2 to system:playback_8 : supposing that to system:playback_8 is connecting to your mono reference monitor. Left and right out are summed.

To be honest : i do not understand what you mean by : from a pair of TRS line-outs from my Audiobox 44VSL

Basically lane can connect any number of outputs of mix bus to a hardware output.

I hope i am clear .. if not tell Wink

Kind regards

Frank

Thanks Frank

Regards

Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
(04-13-2015, 09:33 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 09:34 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The upcoming version, Mixbus v3, has a dedicated "mono" button on the monitor outputs.

LOL Ben you are really stirring it... let's guess how long it takes to turn this into another "when comes v3" thread Big Grin

MMM

Maybe we should disturb the community, by suggesting that Mixbus 3 is cancelled..

Mixbus 3 is just an internal version.

The new Mixbus version will be 4.0 , since it will be based on Ardour 4.X

Wich by the way will run on Linux Kernel 4.0 ! (out yesterday !)

Just a Dutch invention, but maybe not such a bad idea:
"I have recorded everything in Ardour 4 : can I import the stems in Mixbus 3? Can i Import it in Mixbus 4 ?"
will sound more logical or systematic.

I noticed Ben is quite active in the Ardour apart of this world Wink

Kind regards

Frank

(04-13-2015, 11:11 PM)amsmarle Wrote: Thanks Frank

Regards

Alan

Your welcome Alan.

My suggestion of a setup was based of the idea that you have a dedicated output for your Mono sum monitor.

Regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(04-14-2015, 01:55 AM)Frank Wrote: Maybe we should disturb the community, by suggesting that Mixbus 3 is cancelled..
Mixbus 3 is just an internal version.
The new Mixbus version will be 4.0 , since it will be based on Ardour 4.X
Wich by the way will run on Linux Kernel 4.0 ! (out yesterday !)
Just a Dutch invention, but maybe not such a bad idea:

This is a brilliant one!
Hey Ben, when do we get our Mixbus 4 waaahh waaahhh Big Grin

Kernel 4.0? Time to set up an experimental partition and see if there's any improvement in the interrupt affinity... Still getting some soft-xruns with 2 x M-Audio 1010LT, not audible but I don't like these ugly numbers in qjackctl Undecided

MMM

P.S. Have you ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever? Took them only 15 years (forever haha)... - However I know Harrison will do a better job than the Duke developers...
(04-14-2015, 03:40 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Kernel 4.0? Time to set up an experimental partition and see if there's any improvement in the interrupt affinity... Still getting some soft-xruns with 2 x M-Audio 1010LT, not audible but I don't like these ugly numbers in qjackctl Undecided

Kernel 4.0!

MMM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-14-2015, 09:53 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 03:40 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Kernel 4.0? Time to set up an experimental partition and see if there's any improvement in the interrupt affinity... Still getting some soft-xruns with 2 x M-Audio 1010LT, not audible but I don't like these ugly numbers in qjackctl Undecided

Kernel 4.0!

MMM

Hello, I guess that you don't need test the new kernel. Wink
The version 4.0 is only because new kernel numbering( https://plus.google.com/+LinusTorvalds/p...mtzzLiiejc ) ..instead of continue in 3.x series after 3.20 was numbering changed to 4.x series.
So there is no huge improvements or changes, it's simply 3.21 kernel re-numbered to 4.0....but it's effective Big Grin
Mixbus 2.5+3.x+4.x / Mixbus32c 3.x+4.x / Ubuntu 17.10 Linux & Windows 7 & macOS 10.13 High Sierra / i7@4Ghz 16G RAM / RME Digi 9652 & RME HDSPe RayDAT / Icon QCon Pro + QCon Ex / Mackie 32*8
(04-15-2015, 02:10 AM)mbarhon Wrote: Hello, I guess that you don't need test the new kernel. Wink
The version 4.0 is only because new kernel numbering( https://plus.google.com/+LinusTorvalds/p...mtzzLiiejc ) ..instead of continue in 3.x series after 3.20 was numbering changed to 4.x series.
So there is no huge improvements or changes, it's simply 3.21 kernel re-numbered to 4.0....but it's effective Big Grin

Yeah I read that, too... however, isn't it a nice opportunity as I'm currently under 3.2?
Smile

MMM