Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitoring Toolbar disappeared after update to 7
Hello! I recently did a format & upgraded to Mixbus version 7, and now the Monitoring Toolbar is gone. I have the manual open to that page  and it says :
Monitoring - Mixbus - 7 (harrisonconsoles.com)
In Preferences->Appearance->Toolbar, you can enable the “Monitoring Toolbar” which provides quick access to the Auto-Input toggle, as well as buttons to globally force all unassigned tracks to Input or Disk monitoring

And it shows a picture of how it used to look in V6, with buttons for "Auto Input, All In, or All Disk." It's gone now. The option in Preferences->Appearance->Toolbar is gone too. There is "Display Monitor Section Info," but that's not it. That one enables the section that says "Mono, Dim All, and Mute All."

Right now, it seems to be stuck in "Auto Input," as the I and D buttons are both outlined in yellow on every track. I can manually change them, but yikes. I use MPC Jacked to Mixbus. That's 16 tracks minimum, and since both programs are synced together, it can be tricky. Sometimes I need to monitor the MPC, sometimes what I've recorded, and "Auto Input" is not always correct. It's lame to have to switch 16-20 tracks manually and back over and over, understandably.

I noticed a few things are moved around in this version, I hope it's just elsewhere and/or named something else and I'm just missing it. I certainly can't find it. A search of Google and the forum yielded nothing. I see the option for "Auto Input" under "Transport" in the menu, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I feel like I'm probably missing something bonehead stupid and obvious. With my LD that certainly happens now and again. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!
Mixbus was still the best investment in my studio, right behind my MPC. Don't mean to sound like I'm b*tching. Thanks again for any help.
The "Auto Input_All In_All Disk" function has now been moved to the Record page which was released in v7 for MB and 32C.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ord-window
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
^^^

or, alternatively, you can press CTRL+SHIFT and then click on "Disk" or "In" in the mixer - this will toggle all, too, without opening another window. It works for a number of things, like Mute and Solo, as well as Master assigns and record arm, Mixbus sends even.
Funnily not for Compressor/EQ toggles... 
Mute, Solo and Record Arm work also in the editor window with ctrl+shift.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths