Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash opening session with an "ù" in the folder name
Hi, I converted a session from Samplitude to 32C using AATranslator but it crashed several times, on opening, until I changed the name of the folder with the word "Música" to "Musica".
This might be one of those things that works for some platforms but not others... which OS and language are you using?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Windows 10 Portuguese
Many years ago Mixbus had problems on Windows if a user's name contained non-English characters (e.g. umlauted characters etc) but it got fixed back around Mixbus version 2 !!!

Maybe it only got fixed for user names though and not for file paths?? Best to report it directly to Harrison support.

Presumably "ú" is a valid character in Portuguese?
One more thing...

AFAIK the non-Windows platforms use ASCII characters derived from a system called UTF-8 although Windows always used a different system called UTF-16. But I've just been reading that from Windows 10 onwards, there's been a new option to switch over to using UTF-8. If you've managed to do that accidentally somehow, there's a good chance it'll cause problems like this because Mixbus won't be aware of the change and will still be assuming the characters are UTF-16 (Windows can use either character set now).

Maybe Ben or Robin will correct me here but as far as I'm aware there's been no change in Mixbus yet to accommodate this...  Confused