Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clip window mixbus 32C v8
Hello,

I'm having trouble with midi files in the clip window.

I'm in the edit window and drag and drop a midi file "Groove Monkee midi drums" with the drums "Red Zeppelin" it works. I do the same action with Kontack and a "Vintage Drummer" drum kit or another, it doesn't work.

With "Grooves Monkee" midi files present on my pc desktop and drag and drop, it works.

Am I doing something wrong?
Regards,

Thomas

Conf : win 10, i7 7820x 3.60 GHz, 32 G ram, HD sata, rme ufx.
Hi Thomas,

There are 2 simple reasons why this might fail:
1) the drums are on channel 10, and your Kontakt and/or "Vintage Drummer" aren't responding to channel 10
2) the drum 'notes' in the Groove Monkee files are mapped like generic-MIDI drums (kick on C1 etc) and your plugins don't respond to those notes

There are probably lots of 'complicated' reasons that it fails, too. But I'd investigate those first 2 ideas.

If the instruments don't have their own way to handle these issues, there are some midi-channel and midi-note mapping utilities provided in Mixbus that might help. Just type 'MIDI" into the search field of the plugin manager and you'll probably find some.

I hope this helps!
-Ben
Hello Ben,

Indeed, the midi drum files are in channel 10, and after adding the correct channel it works. I didn't think about it, I haven't got into the habit of putting the midi drums in 10 and yet it's the standard, thank you for this reminder.

Besides that, congratulations on the work you and your teams have done on the sound and organic rendering of the mixbus, it's consuming, but that's why! the ears are delighted and happy.
Regards,

Thomas

Conf : win 10, i7 7820x 3.60 GHz, 32 G ram, HD sata, rme ufx.
Thanks for the nice comments, Thomas!!!