Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving or rezising regions destroys automation in v8
I just did a bug report for v8, but I think this is rather major, so I post it here as well.
When resizing or moving a region (midi or audio) in v8, all automation belonging to that region is destroyed.
This unfortunately makes v8 unusable for me in its current state. Undecided
It'd be great to know if this is being looked into.
For someone like me, who works with large sound design projects for a living, this is a crucial bug.
So I really hope it'll be fixed soon.

Until then I'll just have to stay in v7. Which isn't too bad, you know. I love v7. But I'm still looking forward to stepping further. Wink
(03-29-2022, 02:26 AM)krans Wrote: It'd be great to know if this is being looked into.
For someone like me, who works with large sound design projects for a living, this is a crucial bug.

Until then I'll just have to stay in v7. Which isn't too bad, you know. I love v7. But I'm still looking forward to stepping further. Wink

Hi krans,
I confirmed this issue with Ben this morning and a fix is in the process of being built and tested.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-29-2022, 02:32 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 02:26 AM)krans Wrote: It'd be great to know if this is being looked into.

Hi krans,
I confirmed this issue with Ben this morning and a fix is in the process of being built and tested.

I'm so glad to hear that.
Thank you!
This has been fixed and will appear in the next hotfix update.
(03-31-2022, 09:22 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: This has been fixed and will appear in the next hotfix update.

Hooray!
Do you know when it'll be released? 
I'm looking forward to get my v8 life started.  Big Grin