Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resetting Plugin windows position
Hi Folks,

is there a way to reset plugin window positions?

My problem is that on a lot of projects my plugin windows where on a second monitor. At the moment I have only one monitor, so when I open a plugin on one of those projects, I won't see the plugin windows 'cause they're outside of the display area.

Mixbus 32C 7
Windows 11, 64 GB Ram, AMD Ryzen 3900XT, Nvidia 2700 Super 8 Gb,
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB.

Ableton Live, Mixbus 32c, Studio One Pro
This might not work in Windows11 but it worked for me in Windows 10 :-

1) In Mixbus's Mixer window, right-click on the plugin (in the relevant channel)
2) Click "Edit with generic controls" (this caused a generic window to appear)
3) Move the generic window slightly, then close it
4) Now open the plugin normally

In my case, that caused the plugin to get displayed in the same position as the generic one.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(03-26-2022, 03:21 AM)johne53 Wrote: This might not work in Windows11 but it worked for me in Windows 10 :-

1) In Mixbus's Mixer window, right-click on the plugin (in the relevant channel)
2) Click "Edit with generic controls" (this caused a generic window to appear)
3) Move the generic window slightly, then close it
4) Now open the plugin normally

In my case, that caused the plugin to get displayed in the same position as the generic one.

unfortunately it doesn't work, also the generic control windowis out of display

I'm having to guess here but what happens if you reduce your screen resolution temporarily? If Windows realises that the resolution is suddenly smaller, maybe it'll re-position things to fit into the smaller size.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(03-26-2022, 07:17 AM)johne53 Wrote: I'm having to guess here but what happens if you reduce your screen resolution temporarily? If Windows realises that the resolution is suddenly smaller, maybe it'll re-position things to fit into the smaller size.

hi thanks for the hint, reducing resolution doesn't work, however set the resolution to higher one did it.

Open the project by holding down the CTRL key, the project will open bypassing the plugins, save and then open again in the usual way.
(03-30-2022, 05:44 AM)Yriisem Wrote: Open the project by holding down the CTRL key, the project will open bypassing the plugins, save and then open again in the usual way.

thanks, will try that