Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C v8 - with Clip Launching - Now Available!
(03-23-2022, 08:55 PM)JamieLang Wrote: Is there documentation or examples of what's changed with MCU? I think whether it should be backward grafted to v7 has a lot to do with what "improvement" means. Bug fixes, sure--you should apply it back...but, new functionality? I mean that's what a new version does right? 

Did you ever include Ardour's Tranzport code? I'd buy the upgrade JUST for that. Wink 

Bump? I took the time to go to the MCU section of the online manual, thinking maybe I asked a dumb question because it was answered there...I saw nothing but old videos and how to set it up...as an MCU user, I would like to know what got improved/changed. Long ago and far away, I suggested being able to use the built in "spill" function to spill onto the MCU faders...if that's the change, it would be an instant buy. 

I just got another email about v8 touting the improvements to MCU....and...I thought "did they ever post that info?"
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
@JamieLang:

Mackie MCU protocol fixes (thanks to Caleb Potter)
* Fixed an issue where monitor section gets stuck on mute
* Fixed an issue where MCP controller strips got stranded switching banks
* Add MCP button to toggle between master fader and monitor fader

Improvements to iCon Pro Audio control surface support (thanks to Caleb Potter):
* remap button handlers specific to iCon QCon ProG2
* add support for iCon QCon ProG2 controller
* add support for iCon Platform X+ extenders with iCon Platform M+
* add support for iCon Platform M+ controller

The Mackie and iCon work is ongoing and you'll see some additional changes in the 8.1 update, I'm sure. Most of the work is happening 'under the hood' to clean up some old code and get it ready for more updates. One example is: The mixbus send knobs 9-12 were added after we developed the control-surface support and they weren't consistently supported on all devices. Caleb is making sure that you can access sends 9-12 on all controller devices ... using arrow-keys to 'page up' when necessary. Stuff like that.

-Ben
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out. Toggling the main with the monitor I'll kick around in my mind. I actually appreciate the mapping of the monitor--which is more dynamic in my room than the master. If I'm going to fade, more often than not, I do it in mastering. I've found if there's a calibration issue, I'll print a mix 1db down or something (in another DAW) because the MCU master got nudged or something...but the option might come in handy. Certainly can't hurt.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
(04-13-2022, 08:00 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @JamieLang:

Mackie MCU protocol fixes (thanks to Caleb Potter)
* Fixed an issue where monitor section gets stuck on mute
* Fixed an issue where MCP controller strips got stranded switching banks
* Add MCP button to toggle between master fader and monitor fader

Improvements to iCon Pro Audio control surface support (thanks to Caleb Potter):
* remap button handlers specific to iCon QCon ProG2
* add support for iCon QCon ProG2 controller
* add support for iCon Platform X+ extenders with iCon Platform M+
* add support for iCon Platform M+ controller

The Mackie and iCon work is ongoing and you'll see some additional changes in the 8.1 update, I'm sure.  Most of the work is happening 'under the hood' to clean up some old code and get it ready for more updates.  One example is:  The mixbus send knobs 9-12 were added after we developed the control-surface support and they weren't consistently supported on all devices.  Caleb is making sure that you can access sends 9-12 on all controller devices ... using arrow-keys to 'page up' when necessary.  Stuff like that. 

-Ben

Is this also for Icon Platform M ? ( vs M+ )
I had them for other stuff since they came out....
Thanks
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
Just wondered whether anyone could give a clear picture of the difference between the Qcon Pro X and the G2?
Decided against the Behringer as it arrived dead, sent it back and am debating whether to wait for a used Qcon Pro X or just buy the G2.

Is there a lot of functionality difference? Can the G2 do the EQ, channel strip functions that the Pro X can? There are a few negative reviews on the Thomann site for the G2, and one on Gearspace, would love to hear if anyone here using it happily!
Thanks!