Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to record the audio from a midi synth
Hi All,

I was a ProTools user for a long time and recently I switched to Mixbus32c. In one of my tracks I have the StylusRMX groove synth. Now I want to record the audio of this in a separate track. In ProTools this was fairly easy to do. But I'm probably overlooking in Mixbus32c how to do that. The attached files show how I set it up. However I get no sound in the audio track from StylusRMX. A tip would be welcome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-16-2022, 07:52 AM)Teljeur Wrote: Hi All,

I was a ProTools user for a long time and recently I switched to Mixbus32c. In one of my tracks I have the StylusRMX groove synth. Now I want to record the audio of this in a separate track. In ProTools this was fairly easy to do. But I'm probably overlooking in Mixbus32c how to do that. The attached files show how I set it up. However I get no sound in the audio track from StylusRMX. A tip would be welcome.

The sound comes out of your "General Midi Synth" channel - connect this with the input of your "Ritm" channel.
MMM

P.S.: don't forget to disconnect one of the channels from Master (bottom LED) when listening back
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ons-window
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks guys, that works....