Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Faderport connection problem in Mixbus32C 7.1.97
Hello,

The Faderport used to work as the proper Faderport ports would appear in the drop down menus when configuring.

This time around the only 'ports' that are shown are : x-virtual-keyboard and physical_midi_input_monitor_enable.

While the Faderport ports are clearly shown in the MIDI ports.

How to enable the Faderport ?  Is there a new way ?

Thanks.

It might pay to download 7.2 I know there were some machine control fixes.... might fix it for you.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-02-2022, 02:31 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Hello,

The Faderport used to work as the proper Faderport ports would appear in the drop down menus when configuring.

This time around the only 'ports' that are shown are : x-virtual-keyboard and physical_midi_input_monitor_enable.

While the Faderport ports are clearly shown in the MIDI ports.

How to enable the Faderport ?  Is there a new way ?

Thanks.

+1 here
Cool
(03-02-2022, 03:36 PM)Dingo Wrote: It might pay to download 7.2 I know there were some machine control fixes.... might fix it for you.

Hi.  Still the exact same result as shown above.  The MIDI display will actually show the faderport even when the Faderport is physically disconnected.

I used the Faderport for so many mixes in previous versions of Mixbus32C.  

That support is now seemingly broken.  Is there any way to bring it back ?
(03-03-2022, 03:47 PM)jonetsu Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 03:36 PM)Dingo Wrote: It might pay to download 7.2 I know there were some machine control fixes.... might fix it for you.

Hi.  Still the exact same result as shown above.  The MIDI display will actually show the faderport even when the Faderport is physically disconnected.

I used the Faderport for so many mixes in previous versions of Mixbus32C.  

That support is now seemingly broken.  Is there any way to bring it back ?

Strange. It works for me as usual with 7.2 on Kubuntu 20.04. Is there any chance that your Faderport is broken?

EDIT: BTW: I'm using Faderport 1.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Jostein wrote:

"Strange. It works for me as usual with 7.2 on Kubuntu 20.04. Is there any chance that your Faderport is broken?

EDIT: BTW: I'm using Faderport 1."

It does register with Bitwig, as shown below.  I'm using Xubuntu 18,04 (did not change/modify this OS at all, for music production) and Faderport 1 as shown in the screenshot above.

I do not know any other means of checking it out than by listing the USB devices:

% lsusb
[...]
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 194f:0201 PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
[...]

And by seeing Bitwig's reaction.  The power adapter was not connected to the Faderport as it serves only to power the fader.  The power supplied by the USB interface is enough for everything else.

USB cable unplugged from Faderport:

USB cable plugged :

I get the same as you on lsusb. However, I find the name of the device unusual, has always been like that on your system?

I attach how it looks in my MB32C and Reaper.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Jostein wrote:  

"I attach how it looks in my MB32C and Reaper."

There's one detail in there that made me remember something : a2j

That's about two years I haven't used the Faderport.  I forgot about the need to run a2j before running Mixbus32C as it needs that to be able to recognize the Faderport ports :

% a2j_control ehw start
--- enable export of hardware ports
--- start

And when exiting Mixbus32C a2j has to be terminated so that Bitwig can see the MIDI ports.  So I've made two aliases for that:

alias A2J="a2j_control ehw start"
alias KA2J="killall /usr/bin/a2jmidid"

It now works as it should !