Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MixBus 32C Monitor
Good Evening,

I still feel that I am new to Mixbus and looking for an option to have a audio stream sent out to some kind of monitor so I can use headphones and use the solo/mute buttons to better mix. I am using Dante Virtual Soundcards and Windows 10 Computers.

I understand that use headphones, I have to send a 2nd output to another computer and use headphones there.

My issue is, how to have a 2nd output in Mixbus that is separate from the master so I can hear better with out interrupting the master output that sends to our VMix computer for live streaming and video recording.

So in a nut shell, master ---> vMix and Monitor ----> other computer for monitoring audio

Sorry if this isn't clear, I've been playing all day and now tired.

Thanks in advance... any step by steps would be appreciated.
didn't the foldback bus to the trick for you?
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Thank You Arthie,

This seems to accomplish sending the audio out to new output channels, but the track sliders have no effect on the Foldback strip so the mix doesn't adjust.

I think we are getting close to what i need.

Ideally I am looking for a Headphone setup that will mimic the master out, but allow me to solo a track(s) to better balance voices but NOT solo the master out.

Thanks so much. It seems that  I have a lot to learn.
then I think a aux bus is what you need, postfader, set to 0dB on each chanel, but downside if you use many sound forming on the mixbuses you will loose them. Then only option is to do aux send from mixbuses, also set to 0dB and post fader. the Aux you send all your audio to has then to be routed to your headphones. I think this should do the trick if I did not missanderstand the problem Big Grin
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(02-17-2022, 01:05 AM)sdrobson Wrote: Good Evening,

I still feel that I am new to Mixbus and looking for an option to have a audio stream sent out to some kind of monitor so I can use headphones and use the solo/mute buttons to better mix. I am using Dante Virtual Soundcards and Windows 10 Computers.

I understand that use headphones, I have to send a 2nd output to another computer and use headphones there.

My issue is, how to have a 2nd output in Mixbus that is separate from the master so I can hear better with out interrupting the master output that sends to our VMix computer for live streaming and video recording.

So in a nut shell, master ---> vMix and Monitor ----> other computer for monitoring audio

Sorry if this isn't clear, I've been playing all day and now tired.

Thanks in advance... any step by steps would be appreciated.
From what you are saying I think you are looking for a non-destructive solo path that allows you to hear solo without disturbing the Master output for Broadcast.
I don't think that is possible in Mixbus or 32C, it may be possible in VBM https://harrisonconsoles.com/product/mixbus-vbm/
I would suggest you email support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and ask them directly.

CLARIFICATION: OK when Soloing in PFL mode you can achieve a non-destructive solo path.
In my case I have multiple output I/O so I send Master to Monitor but also route the Master (Broadcast feed) out to 1+2 and then Control room feed via the Monitor section with outputs 3+4.
With Dante you might look at some of the small monitoring products that are around.
https://www.audinate.com/products/dante-...g?lang=ja/
Something like the Virgil OB or Studio Technologies 362 belt pack might do it.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I don't know if you are using Mixbus primarily for recording, or for live mixing, but I think the solution that I use would work for both. 

You may or may not be aware that Windows will only allow one audio output (unlike Mac, where you can build an Aggregate Audio Device). So you have to get creative. One way to do that is to use an app like Voxengo Recorder, and hijack the audio and send it to another place. However, if you have Dante Available, you don't need Voxengo. 

You need to tell Mixbus that you want two outputs. Go into the audio matrix and and set your Monitor Out to a pair of Dante channels. Then do the same for the main outs. Back in the "monitor" view of mixbus, at the bottom of the Master Channel strip you should see *4*.  Make sure that your monitor section is set for PFL. Don't solo any of the busses, because that sends the bus to the master, and now you have a drum solo (or whatever bus you solo). But you can solo and mute everything else, and hear the results on the monitor, without affecting the master mix. 

Warning, this dual output function for Mixbus 32c did not get carried over to version 7. Harrison is aware of this, but I don't know if they are going to fix it or not. I went back to V6 to keep that functionality.