Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your recommendation of Harrison controller
Hi there, ladies and gentleman. I need your thoughts which controller to choose from Presonus, Qcon, Behringer I don't know if I forgot any.  I need it if possible, to have 16 faders. my budget is 1000 USD. What is the best controller for 32C?
(02-14-2022, 08:39 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Hi there, ladies and gentleman. I need your thoughts which controller to choose from Presonus, Qcon, Behringer I don't know if I forgot any.  I need it if possible, to have 16 faders. my budget is 1000 USD. What is the best controller for 32C?

Presonus Faderport 16 is what you are after - it is compact all-in-one (not 8 fader+8fader-extension), gets good reviews and fits your budget.
If you ask for the best controller: that is the one I have in my head for years and which I will realise some day - I'll start next week, next year or when I retire from my day job Big Grin

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(02-14-2022, 08:39 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Hi there, ladies and gentleman. I need your thoughts which controller to choose from Presonus, Qcon, Behringer I don't know if I forgot any.  I need it if possible, to have 16 faders. my budget is 1000 USD. What is the best controller for 32C?

This post may interest you.. https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid58040

I have seen the iCON QCon Pro X for around the 800 USD @ Thomann... it might be a bit pricey to get the extra 8 fader pac.. but .
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Icon Qcon Pro X!
Dont skimp and get the icon G2 either.

The use of the pan pots (which detent also) for the channel strip EQ, Compressor, trim etc.. pages just puts it in another league.
can find them used all day long in great shape for nearly half orig. price.

MMM - sell your faderport and get a Icon Qcon pro X, trust me, the pan pots are just so useful for the channel strip esp. for 32C. (I knew this going in b/c I was using a old Fostex VM200 w/ LC XMU sorftware as my control surface for years. It had 8 pan pots. Once I discovered the use of the pan pots, the Faderport was no longer an option for replacement choices.)
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
Thank you so much guys for your suggestion. I will go with Pro X with extender.
(02-16-2022, 09:17 AM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Thank you so much guys for your suggestion. I will go with Pro X with extender.

yeah I liked the Icon Qcon Pro X so much I got an extender too. Extenders are hard to find used - I ended up paying more for it then the main unit.
I did a quicky vid on V6 32C  - note V7 button layout has changed from what is shown in the video.
go on you tube and search [color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color,var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Harrison Mixbus and Qcon Pro X[/color]
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
(02-16-2022, 10:22 AM)whiskeynipple0088 Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 09:17 AM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Thank you so much guys for your suggestion. I will go with Pro X with extender.

yeah I liked the Icon Qcon Pro X so much I got an extender too. Extenders are hard to find used - I ended up paying more for it then the main unit.
I did a quicky vid on V6 32C  - note V7 button layout has changed from what is shown in the video.
go on you tube and search [color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color,var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Harrison Mixbus and Qcon Pro X[/color]

I setup a NanoKontrol2 velcro'd along with a Galaxy Tab running TouchOSC. It's not bad for a poor man's setup but the Qcon Pro X looks like the answer for $750 used. Really not that much money for what it can do with Mixbus.

I use a Behringer X-touch + X-tender

In mixbus one should select X-touch + compact

works OK

The channel is seen as plugins as well, so the compressor has its window on screen when selected

X-touch + extender gives you 16 faders.  Fair price.
X-touch + compact did not work ..
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1