Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuous Crashing
I have a problem with continuous crashin of Mixbus 32C 7.2 whenever I try to open a project. this happened suddenly and I have NOT changed anything in my setup.
I cannot work at all!!!

Does anyone know anything?
What computer OS are you running (eg, windows 10 pro) ?
A plugin issue maybe? Does the crashing also happen if you create a new (i.e. empty) session ?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-28-2022, 07:53 AM)elichord Wrote: I have a problem with continuous crashin of Mixbus 32C 7.2 whenever I try to open a project. this happened suddenly and I have NOT changed anything in my setup.
I cannot work at all!!!

Does anyone know anything?

Hi elichord, welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
You may have a plugin hanging your session.
In WIN hold the control key whilst opening the session - this will launch with all plugins disabled.
On macOS the Command key will do the same.
If this opens the session without issue then one of your plugins may be a problem.
Try rescanning your plugins and then try re-opening your session again.
If none of this works, email your session file (session_name.ardour) to support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and remember to add detail about your system hardware and OS.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
You may have not changed anything yourself, but Windows is constantly "updating" itself without asking. The only way to suppress these "improvements" is to disconnect the machine from the Interwebs once you have a working configuration. Or at least set a restore point.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I'm using Windows 10. It happened suddenly without me changing or installing ANYTHING. One day it worked, the next it didn't. I uninstalled mixbus (deleting everything) then restarted my PC, then re-installed it and finally it loaded some projects but it is very unstable in general and crashes frequently.
I had a similar problem last weekend. Every time the recording stopped, the mixbus crashed. But this helped.
https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...es-windows

Windows indeed makes wierd things in backround and it dont ask any premissions. It is dictator. Thats why would like to use Linux instead. But it needs more driver support for me.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(01-29-2022, 06:22 AM)elichord Wrote: I'm using Windows 10. It happened suddenly without me changing or installing ANYTHING. One day it worked, the next it didn't. I uninstalled mixbus (deleting everything) then restarted my PC, then re-installed it and finally it loaded some projects but it is very unstable in general and crashes frequently.

Please look into the update history. See if you can roll back the last one. Or wait for the next one and hope it fixes it. Windows >7 is unpredictable. That's why corporate IT departments pay for W10 Enterprise subscriptions and make big efforts to decouple Windows updates from Microsoft Update and test these updates before they let them loose.
Believe me, it's my day job Smile

Deleting the Mixbus profile is a good idea though because the current settings may use things which are now broken.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(01-29-2022, 06:22 AM)elichord Wrote: finally it loaded some projects but it is very unstable in general and crashes frequently.

Are you using your computer's onboard sound or some 3rd-party sound device ?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Hello, elichord et al -
There is a lot of information out in the internet regarding how to tune a windows 10 computer for music production.
If you have not done so already (ie, tune your computer), I suggest your search "How to tune Windows 10 for music production".
Most of the results will recommend that you:
1) Apply all the latest Windows 10 updates
2) Update your computer hardware's device drivers - in particular:
    Video drivers
    HDD drivers
    USB drivers
3) Stop all unrelated background programs
4) Change processing priority settings
5) Change power settings
6) Use a separate HDD for your DAW and audio project files.
These should address most of the more common stability complaints.

However, there is much more you can do.
For example - for my Dell Precision 4600 I also went into the BIOS and disabled all options that allow the computer to
go into Sleep Mode. I disabled "C-States" and enabled "Turbo Mode". These resulted in a dramatic increase in performance
back when I did them.

I also highly recommend that you disconnect your DAW computer from the Internet when using it for music production.
I have my connected to a 5-port switch, along with some other devices that I use for music production and disconnect
the left from my switch to my router to manage internet connect/disconnect.

I also disable ALL anti-virus protection when running the DAW. You don't want Windows to decide to check your audio files
as your DAW wants to use them!! Of course, being disconnected from the internet is presumed here.

I have (2) associates whom I do music projects with. Both of them have applied these, and more, changes to their Windows 10 based
DAWs and their platforms have been rock solid regardless of the versions of MB & MB32C they run - to date, we've used v5-v7.
I use AVLinux and applying all the non-Windows tuning recommendations has kept my platform reliable as well.

Finally, your assurance that you have been running reliably "until now" is quite understandable. However, as MMM has offered,
Windows updates WILL cause you pain on occasion (I also speak from experience here) and I recommend that you disable them
so they don't sneak you in a zinger when you're running project sessions. I apply Windows updates once or twice a month - when I'm ready to do so.
And then I fire up Mixbus and make sure that it has not been adversely affected by those updates.
I have also experienced a couple times where those updates broke Mixbus and had to restore my previous running state of Windows.
(Yes, I also run a Windows 10 Pro platform in order to use some plugins that not supported on Linux.)
Unfortunately, the state of the technology requires us to be fairly competent as system administrators.
I hope some of this helps your situation.

Cheers!
Patrick