Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like ability to reorder mixbus channels
This is something I occasionally wish to do as well. So I wrote a Lua script to do it.

It doesn't move the Mixbusses, it moves everything about them to new positions. E.g. To swap MB1 and MB2 around it gets the name, colour, EQ & compressor settings, processors, automation, etc. from MB1 and applies them to MB2, and vice versa. Plus, everything that was sending to MB1 is now sending to MB2 instead, and vice versa. The result is that the MBs are effectively moved.

See the "MoveMixbusses.lua" script here. It needs the Gall library script, also available there: read the Wiki there for instructions.
the Mixbuses represent a harrison console which can't be moved around. I always assign tracks to my buses the same way every song so I don't have to label them. I just know what they are.
1. Drums
2. Bass
3. Ac GTR
4. E GTR
5. Keys
6. Strings/Aux instruments
7 BGV
8. Lead Vocals
9. Parallel compression for drums and/or bass
10. Delay
11. Instrument Verb
12. Vocal Verb

This serves as a working template for every song I do
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(02-23-2022, 12:06 AM)Joe K Wrote: https://youtu.be/rfBEMv_wciU

This is a good video, but if you want to get right to your question, go to time. 1:57 within the video.

This is great, but is for the channels, NOT the MIXBUS channels. Nathan is a terrific teacher BTW!
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(03-26-2022, 02:11 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: the Mixbuses represent a harrison console which can't be moved around. I always assign tracks to my buses the same way every song so I don't have to label them. I just know what they are.
1. Drums
2. Bass
3. Ac GTR
4. E GTR
5. Keys
6. Strings/Aux instruments
7 BGV
8. Lead Vocals
9. Parallel compression for drums and/or bass
10. Delay
11. Instrument Verb
12. Vocal Verb

This serves as a working template for every song I do

Yes I use a different type of template for my mixbuses, But sometimes I make mistakes, (imagine that? LOL) So I was hoping to be able to move them, without having to do it all over. Guess I need to make a hard copy of my template each time I need to create a new one. OK man we're good! THNX! Big Grin
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
In my workflow, I normally use only 6-7 mixbuses (drums, bass, guitars, keys, vocals, and one reverb), even for large projects. I always work through every track first and make a very rough mix so I can hear what's going on, then I make the decisions for the mixbuses and do very seldom have a need for adjusting later.

This means that I almost never use templates on a project (I might if it's an album and the first song(s) sets the standards), and I also have empty mixbuses between the ones I use if I in the beginning suspect that I might need an extra one (for example one for percussion between drums and the bass). I can't recall that I have had a need for reordering the buses, but understand that this might not be the case for others, especially if they are not used to analog mixing boards.

I do not an opponent of the idea of reordering buses, but I like that they are static as analog bords are. That is one of the many reasons that one can make well-sounding mixes so quickly in Mixbus32C IMO, one has to make decisions from the very beginning and stick to them without too much need of regretting it.
(07-04-2022, 03:25 PM)rdesanti Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 12:06 AM)Joe K Wrote: https://youtu.be/rfBEMv_wciU

This is a good video, but if you want to get right to your question, go to time. 1:57 within the video.

This is great, but is for the channels, NOT the MIXBUS channels. Nathan is a terrific teacher BTW!

You can't change the order of the Mixbuses other than renaming them.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio