Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UAD Linux support
Interested to use UAD plugins and hardware on your Linux system? You can help to make this happen:

UAD pledges to support Linux if "someone starts a petition for it and gets 10k signatures"
https://www.change.org/p/linux-support-f...interfaces

original UAD forum post: https://uadforum.com/general-discussion/...post401677
(01-14-2022, 06:01 PM)x42 Wrote: Interested to use UAD plugins and hardware on your Linux system? You can help to make this happen:

UAD pledges to support Linux if "someone starts a petition for it and gets 10k signatures"
https://www.change.org/p/linux-support-f...interfaces

original UAD forum post: https://uadforum.com/general-discussion/...post401677

Done. If we get 10k signatures and UAD stick to their word, that would be a great signal to other manufacturers.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
DONE & SHARED!
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
would have if I could but I only get constant errors on that page
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
okay it just didn't like my mail, so had to create a new with a "standard" ending and now it worked for me..
Judging from the posting Drew Mazurek at Universal Audio did on that forum (link below), I'm not sure they will do it even if the petition reaches 10 000 signatures:

https://uadforum.com/general-discussion/...post402974

Even when the Linux userbase is small compared to the two biggest operation systems, a small percentage of Linux users should give a substantial number of users, but most vendors still do not officially see this potential.

One big point against making stuff for Linux is the big diversity of distros and packaging systems, but that should not be a big problem IMO. One can probably not ask for or demand that a vendor should write stuff that will fit onto every single major Linux distro, but I think they at least could write something that is guaranteed to run on the two or three mainstream ones? Then, the derivates of those will probably also work as well?
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
the only thing holding me back from using linux is that most PlugIns are not supported/have no linus version. As both windows and mac are in my opinion lessand less interested in people actually working on their systems, linux becomes more and more interesting to me and I think I am not the only one, am I?
Well... Let's see what happens when Microsoft moves Windows more into the realm of a subscription service.
At that time I predict a situation where users will find that their OS might more frequently evolve and their
non-MS apps (like UAD plugins, etc.) exhibit less stable operations.

Cheers!
Patrick
(01-17-2022, 09:39 AM)PBuryk Wrote: Well... Let's see what happens when Microsoft moves Windows more into the realm of a subscription service.
At that time I predict a situation where users will find that their OS might more frequently evolve and their

Cheers!
Patrick

Windows 10 already has two major updates every year plus hundreds "fixes" which often turn out incompatible with certain things, like plugins. And what do many Windows users do in such a case? They blame Mixbus.
Don't get me started on Apple and their disciples.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(01-17-2022, 06:19 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 09:39 AM)PBuryk Wrote: Well... Let's see what happens when Microsoft moves Windows more into the realm of a subscription service.

Cheers!
Patrick

Windows 10 already has two major updates every year plus hundreds "fixes" which often turn out incompatible with certain things, like plugins. And what do many Windows users do in such a case? They blame Mixbus.
Don't get me started on Apple and their disciples.

MMM

That’s just one great thing about why Linux would be a better alternative to media production.

But perhaps some people think that a free operating system is a form of communism.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7