Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drum recording workflow
Hi all,
as my search did not gave any usable result, could you please tell me what I did wrong or what workflow you would have while doing drum-recording an dediting in Mixbus.

I had Mixbus 32C in the newest patch running and recordet about 14Tracks simultaniously. First I startet in TapeX and recorded in different playlists. Recording worked fine but when editing every switching of playlist did gave me enough time to drink more coffee that would be good for me. You could imagine editing becomes quite hard this way (it was a complex song) and my takes would somhow not be in time after taking them to my final edit playlist. 
So with this first try I decided to do my recording in all the same playlist and use staked recording and edit this way as for my guitar recording and vocal recording this worked well. But somehow I had to do the edining on every track again and it did not do every track at the sametime although all was grouped up. This was of course a pain in the b** and after all I endet up asking my drumer to do another take, because everything went quite chaotic. 
I can't imagine this is how it is supposed to be and I think I did anything wrong, but I am not able to see my mistake on my own. To avoid this frustration at my next recording it would really help me if anyone tells me her/his workflow when recording drums.

Have a nice day
Arne
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2