Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mixbus crashes
Hi there, 
when using/configuring some plugins mixbus crashes, not always as I start to configuring them, often after some minutes. 

I'm on windows 10 (everything updated) and mixbus32c 7.2

One of the plugin that I'm using when crashes happen is Sonible smarteq, but it happens with other plugins too.

It is really frustrating, I have to reload the software many times in an half an hour, quite impossible to use. 

It could be Open GL, but I don't really know.   

I will have to dismiss Mixbus and use another DAW if this is not fixed soon, there is no way to get things accomplished like this.

Thank you,
please let me know
Best to email support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Good luck with this one. I tried downloading their demo version of smarteq but I got asked to agree to over 10 pages of truly inscrutable terms & conditions:- e.g.

Quote:Changes of the contract volume or the
service specifications made after sonible
has issued a (legally) binding acceptance
notice require sonibles’ prior consent and
may result in separately agreed dates and
prices.

In fact AFAICT the gist of their contract is that you can't change it but if sonible decide to change it, you'll be legally bound by the changes, even if you never agreed to them !!

FWIW though - about half way down this page there's a Changelog list for their smartcomp product and it looks like they've added a setting to disable OpenGL if it's causing problems on your particular system. So it might be worth contacting them to find out if the same change is now in smarteq.

Or just try smartcomp and see if it gives you the same crashes...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
If you have Soothe2 loaded, disable it's OpenGL acceleration (it has a setting inside it's UI). It wreaked havok on my system (only in Mixbus32c)--but, here's the thing, it caused OTHER OpenGL plugs to crash. Like if it had an instance in a project, and I opened some random Waves (who use OpenGL) it would hang. Without Soothe in the project I couldn't get Waves to hang.

Anyway--disabling Soothe's acceleration, ALL mixbus hanging with various other plugs stopped.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
Hi, thank you all. Looks like the problem was caused by another plugin, even if I was not configuring that plugin, it was just enabled on a track: after some minutes of working with that plugin enabled Mixbus crashed, so I enabled it only for rendering the mix.... Sad
(the plugin causing the problem is Arboreal PiMax)