Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stored Track Info
I've posted a "feature request" with this info, but thought I'd better check to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong.

When I load a stored track (stored with specific plugin settings, eq's, compression etc.) for a particular vocalist/instrumentalist, I  notice that the name of the track is not included, and today, discovered that the routing/assignments are not included either.  For example, the MSTR button is not configured correctly, nor are the mix bus sends.  Am I missing something?
Do you mean the saved mixbus/channel/track, any you call, templates import/load?
I think you mean.
The reason the certain specifications you mention are "missing" is the fact that generaly you inport a "Joe vox" track settings into another project where you have "Perer's vox" and not sure you want overwrite JOe to Peter, or to send the same things to the same route that may not exist at all in the other session.

Even if the loaded plugins and their settings are imported correctly, as it is, it is sure some adjustment might be needed in the plugin settings in another song, be it the Kick, Bass, Key, Vocal or any.

So I think this was well considered by Harrison to do it that way.

The problem is something else and an old request, haven't met:

The save/load track template dialoguge boxes show the options in random order, "save globally" for example can be on the right, next time on the left or in the middle in the option line etc.
Would be great to fix it soon.
HNY
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(12-30-2021, 03:24 AM)Tassy Wrote: The reason the certain specifications you mention are "missing" is the fact that generaly you inport a "Joe vox" track settings into another project where you have "Perer's vox" and not sure you want overwrite  JOe to Peter, or to send the same things to the same route that may not exist at all in the other session.

Even if the loaded plugins and their settings are imported correctly, as it is, it is sure some adjustment might be needed in the plugin settings in another song, be it the Kick, Bass, Key,  Vocal or any.

So I think this was well considered by Harrison to do it that way.

Tassy

I concur with Tassy, when I save a track, I am saving the EQ and Dynamics settings, my Mixbus / Master settings change from show to show depending on the material so I think Harrison got it right.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Tassy and Dingo,

Thanks for the replies. I understand your positions, that there are several/many settings that could need to be changed on an "imported" track, depending on the particular performance, and that is why, in your opinions, Harrison has structured the track recall as they have.

In my situation, running MB to mix a live stream (in real time), we have spent many hours establishing a solid template for each band member, and each instrument. This includes routing, eq, compression and plugins. These settings work great for 99% of our needs.  About the only thing we change on a regular basis, is the fader level,  based on the song, number of musicians in the band that day, and how the room/congregation is responding.  

I agree that there could be adjustments in each and every one of those tracks once they are imported, but most of the channel settings will remain the same - e.g. the vox channel for Chris will never be sent to the master, always to the vocal bus, so when I load the stored track information for Chris, I would like to not have to assign routing. For us, many of the parameters for many of processors are static. They stay the same, service to service, regardless of which musicians are in the band that day. 

So, if I need to add Katheryn as a vocalist on any particular day, I would like to be able to just recall her track, and boom, be ready to mix, without having to name the track, assign routing, and check for anything else that is not loaded as part of the track recall.  

I am happy that it appears that I'm not doing anything incorrect when saving or recalling the track.
What if you save that session as a session template, everyting will be there as you like. Maybe you use just mute for some tracks like Katheryn and disengage the mute when she is performing?
Much faster than recalling saved tracks.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(12-31-2021, 01:50 AM)Tassy Wrote: What if you save that session as a session template, everyting will be there as you like. Maybe you use just mute for some tracks like Katheryn and disengage the mute when she is performing?
Much faster than recalling saved tracks.
We have session templates stored for many different "band" configurations, it's just not worth it to try to save a template for every possible scenario. So loading a track is the easiest way to handle those situations.  And keeping all possible musicians in a stored session template and then just keeping some muted makes the track layout on the mixer too "big", and doesn't allow for clustering similar tracks easily, without moving things around a lot.