Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Instrument
Hi All, Sorry if this is a dumb question.....I don't have much of a clue as to what I am trying to do here, so I might be going about this completely the wrong way. Anyway, my problem is this :

I am trying out Instacomposer by WA Productions. It can generate 5 tracks of midi at once. You can send each of these tracks to a separate instrument, and I was wondering - how do I do this in Mixbus? I have added Instacomposer as a midi track, I have then added another track with a synth. I have used the routing grid to direct the output from Instacomposer to the synth. So far so good - Instacomposer can generate it's tracks, and it sends the output to the synth, but it sends ALL of it's tracks to the synth. What I want to be able to do is send each of it's 5 tracks to a different synth or instrument. Is this possible?
Urgh! I found another post asking something similar......It would seem that Instacomposer is not something that Mixbus instantly recognises as a multi-output thing. It doesn't give you the option to 'configure plugin' when you create a track with it in the way that it does for the Red Zeppelin drum kit thing.

Anyway I have found that if I create a MIDI track with Instacomposer, then add multiple audio or midi outputs to Instacomposer via the Pin Connections dialog, then I get 'fan out to tracks' and 'fan out to buses' on it's right click menu. I can select either of these options, and a number of tracks are created. I then put a virtual instrument on each of these tracks, but don't get any sound from any tracks. If I then go into the "Inputs' dialog and select an input, then I get sound.......but.......I can go into one track, and select "instacomposer 1" as it's input, then go into another track and select "Instacomposer 2" as it's input, but Instacomposer still sends all it's output to 1 track. Instacomposer has 5 tracks which are supposed to be able to be sent to 5 individual tracks, but no matter what I do it seems that the output always goes to 1 Mixbus track.

This is all getting horribly confusing! I don't even know why I am bothering.......it is only the demo version of Instacomposer - I just thought I would give it a try to see if I want to buy it, but now this is getting under my skin, and I really want to get this routing (or whatever it is) issue sorted. I probably won't even end up buying Instacomposer, but it really bugs me when I can't get things to work, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to play nice with Mixbus.

By the way.....this is in no means a complaint against Mixbus. I am fully aware that I am probably doing something wrong or stupid, or I am missing something simple......but at the moment I just can't work out what that is!
Just for anyone else who may be using Mixbus with Instacomposer (and is as stupid as me!), a MIDI filter on each track solved my issue.