Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressing Play/Stop and Melodyne
(11-30-2021, 11:53 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 09:25 AM)DanielTT Wrote: Weird thing is that I've worked extensively with MD in Reaper, Pro Tools, Logic, and none of those suffer from this...

I wonder if Melodyne has a list of 'preferred' DAWs that it's happy to co-operate with? I guess Celemony are the only ones who'd really know...  Confused

I don’t think so… For them it is simple math, the more compatible they are, the more they’ll sell. but if it doesn’t work, the math is equally simple… how much users of that software might buy our software, and how much work is it to make it compatible…
BTW - sorry if I've missed this along the way - but I'm guessing you use the AAX version of Melodyne when working with Pro Tools but what about Mixbus and your other DAWs?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Yes, AAX in PT, AU in Logic, VST or AU in Reaper and Mixbus. With Soundtoys there is an automation bug in AU which is not present in VST in MB, but for MD it doesnt make a difference...
(12-01-2021, 06:05 AM)DanielTT Wrote: VST or AU in Reaper and Mixbus.

Do you happen to know if that's VST2 or VST3? This morning I took a look at the Mixbus code and AFAICT, that green keyboard icon isn't yet implemented for VST3 (some kinda problem with the VST3 specification). So if it's VST3 and working okay in Reaper, Melodyne and Reaper must be deliberately co-operating to make it all work.

In fact after a bit more googling it looks like several other DAWs have had issues with keyboard focus and VST3's. I saw reports relating to  FL Studio, Cubase, Studio One, Cakewalk and Nuendo and most of them cited Melodyne. Apparently, Cubase and Nuendo have now added ARA support. And apparently, ARA was developed as a collaboration between Celemony and Presonus (so presumably, Studio One now has it too...) So lt looks like bjohnh was right a few posts back and it's the lack of ARA which causes this.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(11-29-2021, 12:55 PM)DanielTT Wrote: I’m afraid that that workflow won’t work for me, I need to hear the context of the instrument with the other instruments…

Ah, I keep forgetting that not all versions of Melodyne allow you to import and open multiple tracks at once: I use Melodyne Studio, which has this feature, so I can import all my stems and listen to the one I'm correcting in the context of the other tracks.