Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound
I collected some old posts about the same "no sound" case, maybe some helps:

"- I'm using the same Scarlett...check the focusrite control if you're using it...had the same issue awhile back and had the output disabled on the control panel
- Do you have any plugins in the Monitor processor section that might be stopping signal ?
- Problem solved. One of my Plugins in the Master channel need a registrate again after I set back an older system Image.
Clicking on/off that Plugin has no effect, that's why I coudn't find it.. Had to removed the Plugin, registrate again and the problem was solved."
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
First of all, tanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate your support. Now let me share with you what happened.

I set the driver to ASIO and the input/output devices to my audio interface's ASIO driver, as suggested in one of the responses. Still no sound. Then I tried a couple of other configuration options in the Audio setup - no success.

After a couple of hours of frustration with Mixbus, I installed Pro Tools First (the free version). Just out of curiosity, to see if it works and hoping that it might help to identify where the problem was (the audio interface or the application). I set the audio driver to ASIO there, imported the same tutorial session - and Pro Tools worked flawlessly on the first go.

Maybe important to note that I also had to remove a faulty (or unregistered) plugin (as it was highlighted by Pro Tools during the installation process or first launch, not sure which one) - even though it was not used at all in the tutorial session. It was not indicated by Mixbus when I scanned all my plugins.

Afterwards I went back to Mixbus, tried to load the tutorial session again - the whole application froze and my sound card crashed.

I gave it another try - relaunched Mixbus. Created a new session, imported the tutorial tracks again and voilá - finally Mixbus has sound!

To be honest, no idea what is going on and how I made Mixbus work. But at least it's working now.
(11-27-2021, 04:49 PM)robhood Wrote: Maybe important to note that I also had to remove a faulty (or unregistered) plugin (as it was highlighted by Pro Tools during the installation process or first launch, not sure which one) - even though it was not used at all in the tutorial session. It was not indicated by Mixbus when I scanned all my plugins.

Well glad you got things working.
Just to clarify, Protools runs its own propriety plugin format (AAX).
Mixbus supports LV2, VST, VST3 (and on macOS AU) formats of plugins.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-27-2021, 05:11 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 04:49 PM)robhood Wrote: Maybe important to note that I also had to remove a faulty (or unregistered) plugin (as it was highlighted by Pro Tools during the installation process or first launch, not sure which one) - even though it was not used at all in the tutorial session. It was not indicated by Mixbus when I scanned all my plugins.

Well glad you got things working.
Just to clarify, Protools runs its own propriety plugin format (AAX).
Mixbus supports LV2, VST, VST3 (and on macOS AU) formats of plugins.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, now I'm aware of that but I think I had both VST and AAX versions of this specific plugin installed. I am using Ableton Live as my DAW but back at the beginning of my journey into music production I was not aware that I needed to pick only the VSTx version of the plugins to install.