Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to connect to Sure x2U
Someone has given me a Sure X2U which I thought would be idea for mixing while I am away as I have a laptop as well as my studio computer. So put a copy of V6 on my laptop however I cannot start a session using any of  the driver configurations available on the audio midi setup. 
I've set it up on Cakewalk as well and this seems to me working fine, but with MB I keep getting 'Failed to Open Audio Device (Typically caused by hardware parameter settings) and cannot start the session. Is this device supported? Win 10, intel I5
(11-22-2021, 05:47 PM)johnthechippy@yahoo.co.uk Wrote: So put a copy of V6 on my laptop however I cannot start a session using any of  the driver configurations available on the audio midi setup.

Do you mean any of the configurations for the Shure X2U? Or do you mean any configuration for any audio device?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(11-23-2021, 03:06 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 05:47 PM)johnthechippy@yahoo.co.uk Wrote: So put a copy of V6 on my laptop however I cannot start a session using any of  the driver configurations available on the audio midi setup.

Do you mean any of the configurations for the Shure X2U? Or do you mean any configuration for any audio device?

I think it's just this device, I do have another M-AUDIO interface I can try it with tonight to be totally sure, but like I said it was working on the same device and laptop with cakewalk.
When Mixbus uses an audio device it tends to 'commandeer' it so that nothing else is allowed access (while MB needs it). It's only a guess - but maybe the X2U doesn't allow that?
(11-23-2021, 09:58 AM)johne53 Wrote: When Mixbus uses an audio device it tends to 'commandeer' it so that nothing else is allowed access (while MB needs it). It's only a guess - but maybe the X2U doesn't allow that?

Maybe, but I've never had that problem with my RME Digiface on my main machine, mixbus allows me to use my interface on the system outputs at the same time. But then again that is a bit more configurable, this is plug-and-play so I'm limited to whats in the system control panel.I'll have another look tonight and report back.
In that case, maybe it's only ASIO devices which get commandeered?

Normally I'd recommend that you email Mixbus Support but there are no other mentions here of the Shure X2U - so I doubt if it's even been tested...  Sad
I guess another possibility is to install Jack and see if Jack can interface to the X2U. A long shot maybe but easy enough to try....
(11-24-2021, 10:51 AM)johne53 Wrote: I guess another possibility is to install Jack and see if Jack can interface to the X2U. A long shot maybe but easy enough to try....

Thanks, worth a try. I linked it up to my m audio and it works straight away. Reading on the Shure website it states that they don't work with ASIO drivers
(11-24-2021, 11:16 AM)johnthechippy@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  Reading on the Shure website it states that they don't work with ASIO drivers

Maybe give ASIO4ALL a try. I think quite a few people use it here and again, it's quite trivial to install. It's specifically designed to work with non-ASIO devices and make them behave as if they supported ASIO. In fact, I mostly use it myself. Mixbus's Portaudio driver supports it and so does Jack.
(11-25-2021, 05:24 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 11:16 AM)johnthechippy@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  Reading on the Shure website it states that they don't work with ASIO drivers

Maybe give ASIO4ALL a try. I think quite a few people use it here and again, it's quite trivial to install. It's specifically designed to work with non-ASIO devices and make them behave as if they supported ASIO. In fact, I mostly use it myself. Mixbus's Portaudio driver supports it and so does Jack.
Works a treat with ASIO4All don't know wy I didn't think of that thanks ?