Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X42 Eq and M/S feature
Is it possible to get the M/S feature in the X42 Eq plugin. The plugin is great, especially for cleaning things up. And works great on both Windows and Linux. M/S equalization would increase the usability of the plugin in many directions. In addition, it comes with Mixbus pre-installed plugins, so a really useful tool. Used in almost everything
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(11-18-2021, 06:18 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Is it possible to get the M/S feature in the X42 Eq plugin. The plugin is great, especially for cleaning things up. And works great on both Windows and Linux. M/S equalization would increase the usability of the plugin in many directions. In addition, it comes with Mixbus pre-installed plugins, so a really useful tool. Used in almost everything

+1
Cool
I can better your request and request that Mixbus follow Logic's lead and implement M/S routing in a plug in's  pinout window.

Then they don't have to have the extra code in every plug in you MIGHT want to run in M/S. 

I will let the name go....since I have no idea what a "mid" or a "side" is--and I think it actively misleads people about what it is...versus the original name: Sum/Difference. LITERALLY what the two mono signals are. The "mid" is the sum of L+R....and the "side" is the difference L-R.... #geritolShot
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
(11-18-2021, 03:13 PM)JamieLang Wrote: I will let the name go....since I have no idea what a "mid" or a "side" is

This comes from the mid-side recording technique, where the "mid" mic is aimed at the sound source and a bidirectional (figure 8) mic is aimed at the sides. When you record mid-side, you pan the mid mic channel or track to the center, pan the "side" mic channel 100% left, duplicate that side channel, flip the polarity, and pan the duplicated channel 100% right.
(11-18-2021, 03:52 PM)bjohnh Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 03:13 PM)JamieLang Wrote: I will let the name go....since I have no idea what a "mid" or a "side" is

This comes from the mid-side recording technique, where the "mid" mic is aimed at the sound source and a bidirectional (figure 8) mic is aimed at the sides. When you record mid-side, you pan the mid mic channel or track to the center, pan the "side" mic channel 100% left, duplicate that side channel, flip the polarity, and pan the duplicated channel 100% right.

Yep, the side signal carries what's different from Mono which sits in the middle. Boosting side widens the stereo image until it falls apart, attenuating side makes it narrower. Same for boosting/attenuating hf in side...
So I would say, Mid/Side is the correct naming.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(11-18-2021, 03:52 PM)bjohnh Wrote:

Yeah...ok after the mic'ing...which I've done. Thanks. Maybe that will help me be less triggered next time.  Angel
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
(11-18-2021, 06:18 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Is it possible to get the M/S feature in the X42 Eq plugin. The plugin is great, especially for cleaning things up. And works great on both Windows and Linux. M/S equalization would increase the usability of the plugin in many directions. In addition, it comes with Mixbus pre-installed plugins, so a really useful tool. Used in almost everything

It's probably a good idea to contact x42 (the author) and not Harrison about this:

https://x42-plugins.com/x42/contact

Smile
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
I thought I wasn’t bothering the developer right away. And that it would be nice to discuss this here as well.

Because the page you linked to also had such a mention:

"Forum

The General Discussions Forum on the Harrison Mixbus website serves as User Forum for exchanging information about x42-plugins"
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(11-19-2021, 03:15 PM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: I thought I wasn’t bothering the developer right away. And that it would be nice to discuss this here as well.

Because the page you linked to also had such a mention:

"Forum

The General Discussions Forum on the Harrison Mixbus website serves as User Forum for exchanging information about x42-plugins"

Yes, I know, it's understandable, and you might have right!  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Have you some solution about M/S with x42-EQ ? Or its needed use MS matrix and dificult connection?
OS AVlinux / Mixbus 10pro