Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User needs help please
Hi guys! I am VERY new to Mixbus 32c. Just purchased and installed . I’ve used Logic and Reaper. Just started learning Mixbus and finding it a bit more difficult. For example, I just figured out that in order to see my guitar waveform in the track as I record, I have to put Mixbus in Edit mode.
I’ve looked online and on YouTube but haven’t seen much in the way of explaining step by step instructions for recording guitar , bass, etc.
I did find one video that involved guitar recording, but when the video started the YouTube instructor had already opened his project, plugged in and configured his guitar, and had already loaded an amp sim plugin. Doing this in Mixbus is way different than in Logic or Reaper. Am I missing something? I would love to see a step by step tutorial for recording guitar that starts at the most basic steps.
Does this exist anywhere?
Thanks!
Len
(11-17-2021, 07:09 PM)Lend27 Wrote: Hi guys! I am VERY new to Mixbus 32c. Just purchased and installed . I’ve used Logic and Reaper. Just started learning Mixbus and finding it a bit more difficult. For example, I just figured out that in order to see my guitar waveform in the track as I record, I have to put Mixbus in Edit mode.
I’ve looked online and on YouTube but haven’t seen much in the way of explaining step by step instructions for recording guitar , bass, etc.
I did find one video that involved guitar recording, but when the video started the YouTube instructor had already opened his project, plugged in and configured his guitar, and had already loaded an amp sim plugin. Doing this in Mixbus is way different than in Logic or Reaper. Am I missing something? I would love to see a step by step tutorial for recording guitar that starts at the most basic steps.
Does this exist anywhere?
Thanks!
Len

Yes it does exist indeed: https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...troduction

See you on the other side Smile

MMM

P.S: Welcome to the amazing world of Mixbus!
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Hi Len
Cannot understand what you mean "edit mode", since all the DAWS have editor and mixer views. The wave form can be seen in editor view, cannot be seen in mixer view. Why is it a problem? Switching between the two views by a shortcut is easy in my windows Alt+M

As to recording it is all the same for anything you want to racord, mic, gtr, sinth, any analogue signal
the difference comes whether you record live signal or record from some MIDI source, like a midi instrument.

Insert your interface, better use ASIO from the audio setup, plug in the gtr, from the channel right click (where the name of the channel is), choose the input source, you are done.

Arm the track you want to record into, arm in the upper barline the red spot. Starting record starts when you hit play.
You will see the waveform appearing in the track.

listen to what is recorded you must deengage the record arm red knob.

There is a trick in Mixbus that you can record through an added bus and all the built in EQ, Compr etc and plgins inserted in this bus can modify your input signal as yu like.
Signal flow: added bus input =the gtr, recording trck input = the out of the bus. I use this for recording eg vocals because teh leveller mode or compr of the bus track is noisless while an analogue mic gain may have.

I hope it helps
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
then we are in the same shoeSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,