Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone got a Prism interface?
I record only sporadically, but I've been struggling with configuring the Prism 'mixer' (Lyra 2 interface) and Harrison Mixbus32C v7. 

I've read the manuals about monitoring and signal flow umpteen times, but I just don't get it, and usually end up clicking on things until I can see or hear a signal.

My main concern is when tracking - I have a feeling I'm not hearing a proper monitor signal (maybe I'm hearing two), and it's causing some slight timing errors.

I currently don't have monitors, so I'm listening to everything through headphones plugged directly into the Lyra.

If I have a drum track and then try to overdub a DI'd guitar, I hear the drum track through the headphones to record along with, but I'm not sure if I'm hearing the guitar on its way into the interface, or if I'm hearing it on its way back from MixBus, or both!  Then, I'm not sure if what ends up on the recorded DI guitar track is quite what I heard when tracking, and if its timing is aligned correctly with the drums.

It would be really helpful if someone could explain roughly what settings they use in Mixbus32c, and how they route the signal in the Prism software.
I dont have a Prism unit but what you describe as the 'Lyra 2 Interface' or Prism 'Mixer' sounds like how the MIO console works for metric halo interfaces. Maybe some of this will help.
It sounds like you need to start with the Prism interface alone, establish direct monitoring thru that... ensure your getting signal in and that signal is routed to an out (like 'to host 1'). Once you get that, its just a matter of selecting that '1' as your input in Harrison's channel strip at the top.
This direct monitoring would explain you 'hearing two' - your hearing Mixbus' monitoring also (with a slight latency or delay). You can turn off monitoring in Mixbus (via preferences).
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
THanks very much.

I think I'm not too far away from getting it working - it's just that I don't know for certain, and I'm not sure how\why!

I started with the Lyra control panel software (without MixBus32c open), and there's a button to set the analogue outputs to 'Mixer' (not sure what that does, as it's possible to change it to DAW, Phones, alternative analogue or digital outputs). Anyway, 'mixer' seems to work, and above that there's a selection button for 'Phones' (the tooltip says "click to monitor this strip on headphones'). With that selected I can hear the guitar plugged into the analogue input.

In MixBus32 I selected an option under Window, Preferences, Show, Monitoring - Record monitoring handled by: audio interface.

When I arm a track for recording I get a signal coming in, and the In and Disk buttons aren't illuminated. If I disarm the track "Disk" is illuminated.

In MixBus32c I also had to set the Auditioner and MasterOut to the left and right headphone channels on the Lyra.

I think it's one of those things which would be easy-ish if someone explained it to me, but there are a lot of options, and I'm not really sure what I'm trying to achieve! I think if I understood audio routing and setting the various levels things would be a lot easier... As it is, I just fiddle and hope for the best!
download the manual if you havent already
https://beta.prismsound.com/download/lyr...a4-format/
I think what your looking for is on page 24. It seems if you select mixer it enables the 'mixer' - may be easier to just select DAW.

"When I arm a track for recording I get a signal coming in, and the In and Disk buttons aren't illuminated. If I disarm the track "Disk" is illuminated." - this is correct when monitoring thru your audio interface. The Mixbus meter will show signal but Mixbus is not monitoring, its just recording. - If you still have echo/double its likely from the prism.

like you said, you need a better handle on the routing in/out/thru the prism. I went thru this with my Metric halo's, frustrating at first but very useful once you understand it - and for me at one point I had the 'ah ha' moment and it all just made sense. Your basically setting up a 'console' prior to the DAW......
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
I have a Lyra 2. I don't use it much for tracking, more mixing and playback. Sounds great but I agree the software is confusing, I just try the buttons until I get signal. 

I just put a hardware compressor insert through it. CH3 out, CH1 in. Input set to Line and output set to DAW. Works fine.
I think the problem is how you set up your headphone monitoring. You should have outputs 1/2 going to Phones if your listening though the Lyra output and that is your main output pair. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ufuyib799cwkx....jpeg?dl=0