Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin manager
The V7 plugin manager is a jokeSad
Please put back the plugin manager that worked in V6 and before
Forget the plugin selector

The hide option is used not to see the plugin hidden from the list. Now this option was killed
If guys were "disturbed" by the normal V6 manager and got lost, they may stay lost, but changing something good for the worst for their sake is also a joke.
See what the so calld plugin manager under the windows tab looks like:
totally useless
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Tassy, I have been using the new system for a while and really find it more logical.
One of the things I found with the old system was I would often hit hide instead of fav....
The idea of splitting manager and selector is that manager is where you monitor scanning or vst versions and set hide options.
That leaves selector to do just that, it is way of pairing things down to the essential.
Thats my 2 cents
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi Dingo
The misshitting is due to the fact that the background and the dot to hit is 99% of the same black color (V6 and before) so it is hard to find where to hit.
It is not the fault of the manager build up but simply the wrong dark color of the dot to hit.
I think to change a color for brighter would have been easier for people who coud programm a whole DAW than change the whole look and put tick instead of dot.
What if in the old manager you change the dot for tick, then it can be seen well. But the brighter color for the dot is the simplest solution I think.
The lot of "error" shown in the new manager do not make the new "manager" trustable and usable
Thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
How hard would it be to put a multiselect into the manager? 

While I get the show/hide behavior not being what someone wants...there's less real world issue with that, IMO, than the fact that I can shift click 40 plug ins and hide them. Or shift down arrow--I'm not picky about exactly how it's done....but, I have a LOT of plug ins....and REALLY try to hide as many of them in Mixbus as I can, only grabbing what I MUST....
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
+1
Tassy
Thanks for the feedback!

Our original intent for the plugin-manager was to allow multiselect, but this became complicated due to operations across different plugin formats and ... well, just the difficulty of programming. It's still on our ToDo list for a future update. I realize it can be frustrating to Hide your plugins one-at-a-time.

We make a very strong effort to streamline the things you do 1,000 times a day (like nudging a fader, boosting the bass, cutting out a mouth noise...) and we spend less time optimizing the things you do once per week or once per month (like: managing your plugins). For that reason we decided it was ok to publish the plugin manager in its current state, even without the multiselect functionality.

-Ben
Hi Ben
Taking into consideration, for example, that Waves H-eq and Reverb has a lot of types, around twenty, I must hide them one by one, because if I hide it my name, extention or producer then none ramains what I want. And I want certain 5 out of 20.
As you say we do such things not daily but rarely, so hiding plugs one by one rarely cannot be a pain to doSmile
thanks
Tassy
Hi Ben & all
Plugin Manager: Hi I own MixBus 6 upgraded to 7 and have just purchased 32C. I also have a large amount of plugins and have had a problem with the plugin manager in scanning the plugin folder. It complains about it taking to long to scan my waves plugins and wants to skip them. Angry I own Waves Mercury and it comes in a couple of files that total well over 350 plugins with the stereo and mono versions. After scanning it multiply times was finally able to get them all to work. Exclamation  As such there needs to be some improvements in the plugin manager regarding the scanning system.

Second: Idea How hard would it be to have multiple nameable favorites or a user custom menu system? I also use Cakewalk by Bandlab for live recording and export the tracks to MixBus 32C to master, their plugin manager is far superior and it's FREE. Big Grin It uses custom nameable categories to build a menu such as: Instruments, another for compressors or equalizers, etc..

Willi & the MusicMachine
(DS-OfCB) DAW Studio - Outlet for Creative Bent Cool
System: Windows 10 Pro x64, (latest), i7 Quad-core operating @ 4.7, 64Gb RAM @ 2133, & Storage = 18Tb +