Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Mixer fader height
I am using a large 4K monitor eith Mixbus 32c v7.1.163. In the Mixer screen I found there's a lot of wasted screen state in the plugin section. I would like to use that space more wisely increasing the fader height so I get better resolution for volume adjustments. This is how I see mi mixer window in my monitor:
[Image: Gvlmp2l.png]

I don't want to change the scaling, I am ok with the 100% scaling, what I want to do is to increase the fader height so I could get rid of those huge black empty space wasting 50%+ of my mixer strip.

Does anyone knows how to do that? I've searched in the manual and forums with no luck. Everything I found is related to changing the scaling wich I don't want as I am quite happy with teh scaling I have considering my large monitor (50").

Regards,
Patricio
As an example (in Reaper) I would like to know if it is possible to do this:

[Image: PBR1g0G.gif]
Hi Patricio welcome to the Mixbus Forum. What you want to do is not possible at the moment.
There has been some discussion about adding a switch so you can show/hide EQ, BUSS and PLUGS, but not sure if that has made it onto the road map.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks @Dingo. It is sad there is no functionality for this, I think it shouldn0t be hard to implelement and it would be quite useful for people using HiDPI screens.
I have another approach on my stationary monitor: -I don't use the full height! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(10-27-2021, 08:17 AM)patriciocs Wrote: Thanks @Dingo. It is sad there is no functionality for this, I think it shouldn0t be hard to implelement and it would be quite useful for people using HiDPI screens.

I wouldn't be too sure about how hard it is. It's not a simple scaling if done properly. You would expect a finer "ruler" at the fader, perhaps more LEDs in the meters etc when increasing the length. It would have to be different for the channel and the mixbus part. And then there are VCAs.
For really fine adjustments, press ctrl while dragging the mouse.
MMM

P.S.: the Reaper thing is just scaling, it adds little functionality.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(10-26-2021, 12:48 PM)patriciocs Wrote: I am using a large 4K monitor eith Mixbus 32c v7.1.163. In the Mixer screen I found there's a lot of wasted screen state in the plugin section. I would like to use that space more wisely increasing the fader height so I get better resolution for volume adjustments. This is how I see mi mixer window in my monitor:

I don't want to change the scaling, I am ok with the 100% scaling, what I want to do is to increase the fader height so I could get rid of those huge black empty space wasting 50%+ of my mixer strip.

Does anyone knows how to do that? I've searched in the manual and forums with no luck. Everything I found is related to changing the scaling wich I don't want as I am quite happy with teh scaling I have considering my large monitor (50").

Regards,
Patricio

Mine is bigger than yours! (55 inches)  Tongue Tongue Big Grin

In my case this big a screen is because my eyesight is not what it used to be, and bought this big of a screen so I can see the buttons and knobs better!

Which brings a question, I know I can have the display at more than 100% but do I have to do this at the start of a new session or can I do this once the session is launched?
The messages and splash images are even smaller than on my 22" screen!!
Luc
(10-28-2021, 11:26 AM)blue_luke Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 12:48 PM)patriciocs Wrote: I am using a large 4K monitor eith Mixbus 32c v7.1.163. In the Mixer screen I found there's a lot of wasted screen state in the plugin section. I would like to use that space more wisely increasing the fader height so I get better resolution for volume adjustments. This is how I see mi mixer window in my monitor:

Regards,
Patricio

Mine is bigger than yours! (55 inches)  Tongue Tongue Big Grin

In my case this big a screen is because my eyesight is not what it used to be, and bought this big of a screen so I can see the buttons and knobs better!

Which brings a question, I know I can have the display at more than 100% but do I have to do this at the start of a new session or can I do this once the session is launched?
The messages and splash images are even smaller than on my 22" screen!!
Luc

Hello again Patricio Smile
Looking at some instructional VDOs from harrison, it seems that we can have both the EQ section and the bus send section on at the same time but I have not find how to do it. Sad  This would fill the empty blackness as you say, we don't need longer faders IMHO with VU meters section I think.
But I would like to see the EQ/sends section.

By the way, I have learned audio engineering on an original Harrison 1975! Second installed in Canada I've been told, and I have met M. Harrison himself who came to see the final installation and give us tips and tricks....

Never mind! I just look at your picture again and saw that you already have both sections showing.... How do you that?
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ces-window
Size and scale allows option to show both
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5