Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
color and plugin manager
    Splitting regions the original color is lost in V7 it was great in V6

Plugin Selector in V7 is poor. I miss the .../hide options. in V6 it was PLugin Manager and was good
even there the "show all plugins" did not show all the plugins mixbus scanned and coud use, never did

Please bring back the better solutions
Thanks 
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Plugin hide options are still there but in the Plugin Manager instead.
Thanks,
In v7 there is no plugin manager as I wrote
There is plugin selector instead that does not contain hide option.
If it is in V7 I do not know where it was hidden in the menuSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
A decent colour manager would get my vote. It's hardly worth designing your own colour scheme because next time there's a major update, you just lose it all (or even worse - you end up with a lot of weirdness with regions and mixer knobs having flashing colours etc !!)

+1
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(10-24-2021, 09:25 AM)Tassy Wrote: Thanks,
In v7 there is no plugin manager as I wrote
There is plugin selector instead that does not contain hide option.
If it is in V7 I do not know where it was hidden  in the menuSmile

The Plugin Manager was superior to the Plugin Selector. 
I also searched the menu, could not find. 
Please explain the benefit of the change.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
In v7 Window / Plugin Manager will open a newly designed window... here you can see the status of all plugins and Hide or add to favourites.
The change was made after a heap of calls for an expanded management system for plugins.
Plugin Manager is far more powerful than the older system and allows you to see what plugs are ignored (as distinct from hidden).

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ger-window

Double click on a channel slot and you get Plugin Selector where you can choose what plug you want to insert.

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...in-manager

Give it a go, I think it is far better particularly if you have a large amount of plugins to manage.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-24-2021, 04:17 PM)Theotherguy Wrote: The Plugin Manager was superior to the Plugin Selector. 
I also searched the menu, could not find. 
Please explain the benefit of the change.

@Theotherguy:

Every DAW has a method to add a plugin to a track. Sometimes you drag&drop from a list, sometimes you add it from a menu, or whatever. In Mixbus you can add a plugin by dragging from the Favorites list, or by a right-click context menu. But the most common way to add a plugin was to double-click in the black area and launch the Plugin Manager.

Many DAWs (with a few exceptions like protools) also have a window called "Plugin Manager". This is where you manage your plugins on your hard drive: initiate a scan, see which plugins failed the scan, view the plugin's filename/location, and such. But it's not always the same place where you pick your plugin to put in a track.

We wanted to add a Plugin Manager window, but we already used that name for the plugin-picker. So we changed the name of the old dialog from 'Plugin Manager' to 'Plugin Selector' which more accurately describes its purpose. And then we added the new Plugin Manager in the Window menu.

We also removed the 'hide' checkbox in the Plugin Selector because some people were clicking the 'hide' checkbox accidentally, and then reporting that their plugins didn't show up. You can see the problem here: if you want to 'hide' your plugin from the Plugin Selector, then there's no longer any way to see the plugin and un-hide it! We had a filter to show all hidden plugins, but most people didn't understand its use. I think now it'll be better: if you want to hide a plugin, you'll do that from the Plugin Manager window. Then the plugin will be hidden in the Plugin Selector but you will still be able to find and un-hide the plugin in the Plugin Manager.

I hope this answers your questions!
-Ben
Thank You Ben! Now I understand. Knowledge is king.
Now I know how to navigate the plugin situation.
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes