Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing MB32c V7 on a machine without internet connection
Hi y'all Smile

I am a MB32c user sinve V2 or V3 and purchased the licences...
I use it on a laptop (Win10) a tower PC (Win7) without any problems.
Now for some reasons I would like to install MB32c v7 on an older PC (win 7) that is not connected to the internet.

I tried to copy the downloaded file from Harrison and I get a message that the file can not be copied...

The reason I want to use this old PC is because it has a Firewire connection on it and I can use my Midas Venice F with it.
I want to use MB as a multitrack 'tape recorder' .

Thank, Luc
Never mind!
I borrowed a long CAT5 cable from a friend and connected this old PC directly to my router and simply did it from there!
I really was not into dismantling the whole system just to install MB V7
But still, the question remains valid, is there a way to install MBv7 without an internet connection?
Now my problem is solved, this is just out of curiosity Smile
Go to the Home folder of a system which has the license installed... look for file: license_key_harrison_mixbus32c-7.txt
Drag / Copy that .txt file to a thumb drive or network drive to install on another computer or just as a safe copy.
Mixbus does not need an internet connection to do this.
More details here... https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...-platforms
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-19-2021, 11:32 AM)blue_luke Wrote: I use it on a laptop (Win10) a tower PC (Win7) without any problems.
Now for some reasons I would like to install MB32c v7 on an older PC (win 7) that is not connected to the internet.

I tried to copy the downloaded file from Harrison and I get a message that the file can not be copied...

Presumably you were trying to copy the file from your Tower PC to the older one? When Windows says a file can't be copied it's often because the filesystems are different on the 2 machines. For example if the Tower PC uses NTFS and the older one used FAT32, Windows will often tell you that the copied file will lose some of its properties - but they aren't vital properties and Windows usually offers a way to allow the copy.

Another possibility is that the Tower PC is 64-bit whereas the older machine is 32-bit - and in that case, all you can do is download the correct (32-bit) version of MB32C
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(10-20-2021, 05:47 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 11:32 AM)blue_luke Wrote: I use it on a laptop (Win10) a tower PC (Win7) without any problems.

Presumably you were trying to copy the file from your Tower PC to the older one? When Windows says a file can't be copied it's often because the filesystems are different on the 2 machines. For example if the Tower PC uses NTFS and the older one used FAT32, Windows will often tell you that the copied file will lose some of its properties - but they aren't vital properties and Windows usually offers a way to allow the copy.

Another possibility is that the Tower PC is 64-bit whereas the older machine is 32-bit - and in that case, all you can do is download the correct (32-bit) version of MB32C

Hmmmm!... DodgyThis is a good pointer!

The older machine is Win7 64 bits processor, I think its AMD, nevertheless, it works perfectly so far...
Thanks all!