Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus cancel recording and crash
When I record mixbus crash after I stop the recording .. what is wrong ?
something with your whole setup. To find the error I think everyone needs to know more about it, what is your machin, audio device and so on and so on..
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
My car won't start. What is wrong?
Byron Dickens.

Mixbus 7. CbB.  HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.
(10-16-2021, 10:53 AM)neonlove Wrote: When I record mixbus crash after I stop the recording .. what is wrong ?

Try to start up Mixbus from the command line (cmd). The output there after a crash might be helpful.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(10-16-2021, 10:53 AM)neonlove Wrote: When I record mixbus crash after I stop the recording .. what is wrong ?
Hi neonlove,
What helps us to help you is detail detail detail...
What version of Windows ? What's your hardware ? What drive are you recording to ? Is it your system drive ?
What sample frequency ?
Does it crash after long records or just short ones ?
When you relaunch have you lost anything or does it all recover ?
Any observations would help.
Suffice it to say this is not normal behaviour and you have some issue with your setup.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Win 10 32C, 7.2 

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. If I record short bits (like parts of a guitar solo), on the third or fourth attempt it crashes. The crash log is pointing in several directions, but most often say it's an access violation in one of the DLL's. I have done several scans on the system, but there is no apparent fault in Windows.

I believe this problem started with version 6. On version 5 I never had this problem.
(10-20-2021, 09:41 PM)Byron Dickens Wrote: My car won't start. What is wrong?

All of my other cars run just fine, it's only this particular model that has problems starting and usually after I have installed the latest OEM replacement parts sent to me from the company.

This a very common theme with MixBus and posters are regularly and aggressively questioned by members of this forum for daring to ask how come all of their other DAWS
work right of the box, version after version, yet MixBus goes from working, to tossing out cryptic error messages after they installed the latest update.

Don't get me wrong, the admins do a great job helping frustrated owners fix their problems, but this quivering lip must defend MixBus attitude gets old.

You need to start singing before you turn the key  Big Grin
(11-24-2021, 12:51 PM)Jay Gilb Wrote:

All of my other cars run just fine, it's only this particular model that has problems starting and usually after I have installed the latest OEM replacement parts sent to me from the company.

This a very common theme with MixBus and posters are regularly and aggressively questioned by members of this forum for daring to ask how come all of their other DAWS
work right of the box, version after version, yet MixBus goes from working, to tossing out cryptic error messages after they installed the latest update.

Don't get me wrong, the admins do a great job helping frustrated owners fix their problems, but this quivering lip must defend MixBus attitude gets old.

You're totally off base here. What the hell is "quivering lip must defend MixBus attitude" supposed to mean.

Someone pops up and says nothing more substantive than it don't work. Maybe you are gifted with ESP, but nobody else is.

With no kind of details given whatsoever, it's anyone's guess. Hell, for all we know he could be trying to run it on a Pentium 4 with Windows 98. But since he couldn't be bothered to come back and answer any questions, we'll never know.

I guess it just wasn't that important.
Byron Dickens.

Mixbus 7. CbB.  HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.