Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No MIDI inputs being sent to Mixbus/32
This is something that happens sometimes and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason for it. My MIDI keyboard (Novation Launchkey 49 MK3) appears in the Audio/MIDI Setup and the MIDI Device Setup. In Preferences > MIDI Port Config, I've checked most of the checkboxes, and under Control Surfaces I've checked Generic MIDI and chose the device and my custom MIDI map.

Sometimes it works, but sometimes when it doesn't, and checking under Window > MIDI Tracer > MIDI Control In, it seems that no MIDI signal is being received.
Same problem here, solution is to restart Mixbus till it works, did not find the real problem so far.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(10-15-2021, 01:24 AM)tonstwo Wrote: This is something that happens sometimes and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason for it. My MIDI keyboard (Novation Launchkey 49 MK3) appears in the Audio/MIDI Setup and the MIDI Device Setup. In Preferences > MIDI Port Config, I've checked most of the checkboxes, and under Control Surfaces I've checked Generic MIDI and chose the device and my custom MIDI map.

Sometimes it works, but sometimes when it doesn't, and checking under Window > MIDI Tracer > MIDI Control In, it seems that no MIDI signal is being received.

Are you making sure to go to the inputs matrix on the midi track and under the Hardware selecting your keyboard? I have to do this for every new midi track or it won't register.
(10-15-2021, 03:35 PM)StackOfCups Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 01:24 AM)tonstwo Wrote: This is something that happens sometimes and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason for it. My MIDI keyboard (Novation Launchkey 49 MK3) appears in the Audio/MIDI Setup and the MIDI Device Setup. In Preferences > MIDI Port Config, I've checked most of the checkboxes, and under Control Surfaces I've checked Generic MIDI and chose the device and my custom MIDI map.

Are you making sure to go to the inputs matrix on the midi track and under the Hardware selecting your keyboard? I have to do this for every new midi track or it won't register.

Forgot to make it clear but this isn't about using MIDI for tracks, but for using a control surface. I've mapped my controller's buttons, faders and knobs to the EQ, dynamics and track controls and it would be nice to have them work reliably.
Maybe try in Control Surface > Generic MIDI settings: selecting another device and then back to the correct device. I have a vague memory that this has happened to me but not sure, that even though it was showing the correct device there it wasn't really connected to it, so this would be reconnecting it. 
(10-15-2021, 08:51 PM)johndev Wrote: Maybe try in Control Surface > Generic MIDI settings: selecting another device and then back to the correct device. I have a vague memory that this has happened to me but not sure, that even though it was showing the correct device there it wasn't really connected to it, so this would be reconnecting it. 

I'll try that next time I encounter the issue, but I think I've already tried that once to no luck but I can't quiet remember.