Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to open audio device (ZEDi 8 - Mixbus v6 - Windows 10) [Solved]
My buddy and I purchased a ZEDi10 which we use for recording our podcast to his computer. We also do some minor music production with it. I then mirrored that same setup at my house but with a ZEDi8; same mixbus version and windows version. I expected the same plug-and-play as my buddy's setup but I'm unable to start the audio engine using the audio interface as the input and ouput. I've tried various buffer sizes, sample sized, buffered i/o toggling. I even uninstalled AISO4ALL in case that was causing problems. Rebooted my computer several times and tried loading existing and new projects. Always the "Failed to open audio device (Typically caused by hardware parameter settings)" message. I would suspect my device is broken, however I can tell windows to use the mixer and route all my computer's audio through the mixer into my monitors. 

Any thoughts on why I can't load this up? I'm new to all this so I'm not sure what other details to provide.

EDIT: I just remembered that I have it running through a powered USB 3.0 hub, which is another variance from my buddy's setup. I'll try bypassing that to rule that out. I do have other midi interfaces on that same hub, but I already tried removing those and powering down the unused ports to rule out interference.
I did end up figuring this out. I think I had a driver conflict. I installed the Zedi drivers and things booted up without a problem.